Numero Once

"I'm home!!" Kel says, smiling. His mom immediately comes out "finally! Did you win?" She asks. There's a very noticeable bump in her tummy, I keep forgetting she's pregnant.  "Of course I did! I'm the best after all!" Kel says, he hugs his mom. "Great job! Looks like that turkey isn't for nothing" she says, pulling away. She looks over at me and I wave at her, she smiles. "Hello to you too Y/n" she turns to Kel "take a shower and place your clothes in the washing machine, you stink".

Kel nods embarrassed and runs upstairs. "What will I do?" I ask her, "what do you mean? You're a guest! Please sit down" she says pointing at the couch. I shake my head "please allow me to help you, it's the least I can do...at least prepare the table?" I ask nervously. She laughs "you sure are dense hm? I guess that's why..." She stops. I look at her confused "why what?". I can see her cheeks begin to turn pink "AHEM ... it's nothing dear, come on now there's only 4 of us!".

She begins to walk towards the kitchen, I follow behind her. What was she trying to say? After I place everything on the table Kel comes down to eat as well as his dad from work. We eat and chat about how good Kel is doing at basketball. We also talk about how I'm doing at school -- although no one notices I'm at the top of my class. I didn't think they were going to ask me that so.

I was a bit shocked. Once we were done eating Kel and I went upstairs to play video games. "Yes!! I finally win!!" He says , his hands in the air. I sigh "hmph it's probably your lucky day today" I pout. He giggles "jealous?" He asks , I shake my head. He then stands up and jumps back first into his bed. I watch him get comfortable as he scotches himself to one side.

He then proceeds to pat the side next to him "come lay down with me Y/n". I look at him , my cheeks begin to burn a bit why all of a sudden? . He looks at me after a bit of silence "a-are you joking?..." I ask looking away. "No? Hurry up c'mon!" He replies, still patting the side next to him. I shyly give up, I stand up and I sit down on his bed. Then I lay down right next to him, as I do my skin comes in contact with his. Why is it so warm? .

I think as my skin gets goosebumps, instead of looking at him I look at his ceiling. "What now?" I ask, my hands resting on my stomach. "Let's just...talk" he replies, "sure, but...about what?" I ask again. "anything we have on our minds" he replies, I steady my breath "why did you befriend me? " I asked. It was if the world stopped time, silence filled the room. "I...I don't actually know...but when I saw you, when I heard your name...there was just something about you...I guess I wanted to know more about you...".

"Do you know enough?...or do you wish to know more?" I ask, "I'd definitely like to know more" he replies. "What would you like to know about me?" "Well, for starters...your birthday?" ...  An odd question ... "My birthday is [ur/b-day]". "I'll keep that in mind, mine is November 11th" I'll keep that in mind as well... "What else would you like to know about me?". "Hmm...how was your life before I befriend you?" ... "Ah, well...like I said, I was pretty much invisible to everyone -- I had no friends and no one really cared to hear me out or even look at me...I learned to live with it though...until you came that is, thanks for that by the way Kel".

I smile a bit "Y/n..." Kel whispers, I can hear his head turn to me. "Can you look at me?" He asks, I debate whether I should or shouldn't. I gulp and turn to him, he's so close we're touching noses. I feel my cheeks start to burn, oh gosh , he's so close we're practically kissing!. "You're very welcome...you know, before you I was also very lonely...although you probably saw me with a lot of people they never actually saw me for who I really was...but you -- you didn't mind me feeling any other emotion than happy...and i'm grateful that I met you...I really am...".

I stare at him with wide eyes, does he actually...care about me? Could it be possible? . "I...I'm also grateful I met you too, Kel..." I say, my hands begin to fiddle around. Kel smiles softly, he places a hand on my cheek "has anyone noticed how cute  you are?", I shake my head slowly. "I think that'd be a good thing, if everyone starts to notice ... They'd take you away from me " my cheeks burn harder, does he even know what he's saying?!. "You know, we're so close...we might as well..." Kiss? Is that what you're trying to say Kel?  I'm probably completely red by now.

One more, one more step ... I clung onto his shirt. He opened his mouth for a second, then he leaned forward and... KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. We both roll out of the bed in panic and fall down, "Y/n? It's getting pretty late you know, maybe it's time to go home!" His mom says. "O-oh? Y-yeah you're right ma'am!" I quickly got up, I didn't even look at Kel "g-goodnight Kel!" I opened the door and left.