Numero Siete

"Damn it!" Kel says throwing his Pokémon cards on the floor. "I win, again!" I say raising my hands up in the air. "But...are you going to win this!?" he suddenly tackles me onto the ground and starts to tickle me. I start to laugh "noo! stop! I'm going to die!" I say in between, I manage to push him off of me. 

Before I can get up, he grabs me by the shirt and pulls me down. After a bit of wrestling, Kel lands on top of me and we both start laughing. "What are we even doing?" I ask looking up at him, he just smiles and stares at me. 

I pause and realize that he's sort of pinning me down. "u-um, Kel?" I say nervously, my cheeks begin to burn. "Yeah?" "we're done fighting right?" "yup" "can you....get off me?", I see his cheeks slowly turn red. "O-oh? yeah of course!" he says standing up, I stand up too and he turns his back at me. 

"S-sorry about that..." he says quietly, I shake my head "it's okay heh" I say smiling warmly at him. "Right um, would you like to get pizza at GINO's?" he asks suddenly he's inviting me, me to pizza?      "r-really? um, sure!" I reply excited. He finally turns to see me, he smiles softly "let's go now then". 

---

We arrive at GINO's and I immediately see that there are a lot of people I know from school I hope nothing bad will happened. Kel grabs my hand and whispers "don't worry, they won't say anything to you, okay?". I nod slowly how did he know what I was thinking? , we make our way over to the front. 

"I'll take just two slices of pizza!" Kel asks smiling brightly at the pizza man. The pizza man nods and asks us to sit down at a table. Just as we're about to sit down someone calls Kel's name, we turn to see who it is and it's Jack. "Hey buddy! what are you doing over here?" he asks placing an arm around Kel, "Oh nothing, just getting pizza" Kel replies. 

"Really? why don't you come join us at our table!" Jack begins to lead Kel over to where he was sitting but Kel stops. "No thanks, I'm already sitting with Y/n" he says looking over at me, I look away shyly. "Oh...really? alright then." Jack says, his voice somehow sounds deeper, I turn to look at them. "Yeah dude, maybe next time yea?" Kel says, he begins to walk back to me. 

"PIZZA FOR KEL!" the pizza man announces, Kel smiles brightly "that's ours! wait here" he says walking up to the front. I sit down and look at the table, on the table's reflection I can see the group of people Jack was with staring deeply at me. I get scared and look up but they're talking normally was that my imagination? 

Kel comes back with the pizza, and we eat. He talks about how much his older brother loves the sandwiches here. "They call him Hero because of that right?" I say finishing my pizza, he looks at me surprised "how do you know that?". I sigh and say, "I've been with you since kindergarten, I know you both used to hang out with four other people..." he looks at me even more surprised.

"What?" "How come I never heard of you?". I look away nervously "I'm sure you know by now but...I'm quite invisible and I...I never really got noticed...". "...You know when the teacher asked us what our biggest regret was?" Kel asked, I nodded my head. "I didn't have one until now" I look at him again and he's way closer than before. 

"W-what is it?" I ask curiously, he smiles softly at me--it's almost comforting. "I regret not seeing you back then...if I could go back in time, I would've definitely added you to our group" he says, my heart aches again and I look away. "Yeah...I bet it would've been nice..." I say quietly, "hmm, I'm feeling desert, want to grab ice cream?" he asks, I look at him again. 

"Really? em...sure" I say, I smile lightly. We leave GINO's and head over to the park where they sell ice cream. "One chocolate and one...?" Kel turns to me, and I whisper "[your fav flavor of ice cream] ". After we get our ice creams we decide to sit on the swings and eat them, "yum yum yummy ice cream!" Kel says eating the last of his cone. I giggle "you're done already?" "yup! I love ice cream! or any kind of food...except pickles". 

"Good to know..." I say eating the last of my cone. I look up at the sky and notice it's starting to turn dark "I think it's time I go home-" Kel interrupts me "-Homecoming is coming up...". I look at him, "is it?...sorry I don't really pay much attention to those things" I say. "Yeah...I wonder who's going to go..." he says, he gets off the swing. "I'm probably not...I have no one to go with anyway-" he interrupts me again "-actually Y/n, would you like to go with me? ".

I stare at him surprised he's asking me!? but why me!? "um...may I ask why?". "Well, I don't want to go alone and honestly...you make everything more enjoyable" he says grinning. I gulp and my heart begins to beat fast "a-are you sure? with me? you know there are other gi-" "-I'm sure, I don't really feel like going with anyone else but you Y/n ". ... ... ... "so...yes or...?".

I look down at the ground and then up at him. "em...Okay" I say, smiling warmly at him.