Numero Nueve

"d-dance? me?" I ask, I look around feeling dumb. "Yes you! unless...you don't want-" "I want to!" I say quickly, I feel embarrassed after. His smile just widens, he takes my other hand and we both move over to where the rest of the students are.

"I-I honestly don't know how to do this so.." I say nervously watching the other people dance. "I don't know either but let's just pretend we do!" Kel says, I look back at him and smile. We begin to "dance" -- more like random moves and jumps.

Soon, more people joined and there was an even bigger crowd than before. Kel and I began to slowly get close to each other, so close we were almost bumping. I looked around anxiously, oh no...I hate crowds... I think to myself.

I begin to get ready to leave when Kel grabs both my hands again and we begin to spin around. "K-kel?! What are you doing?" I ask, he just smiles at me and we keep spinning. After a few more seconds he stops, "there you go, now we have more space!" He says grinning.

How did he know...? I feel my eyes soften "thank you" I say. I smiled warmly at him not realizing that we were still holding hands. The music stopped and another begun, this time it was a slow dance -- I recognized it as "I just love the 50's" by Omocat.

I look around to see all the couples pull their partners in. My heart aches and I look up at Kel to see what he wants to do. To my surprise, he looks...shy? "Hey Kel...we don't have to dance anymore-- I get it if-" he cuts my sentence off by pulling me in for what seems like a hug.

"I don't mind! not at all...this is homecoming right?" he says quietly, it takes me even more by surprise but I don't say anything. We stay like that for a few seconds before he starts to move me around as if we were dancing the waltz. I found it funny somehow and I started giggling.

"what's so funny Y/n?" Kel asks, his voice sounds softer than usual. "oh nothing it's just -- the way we're dancing is for fancy people no?" I ask looking up at him. "maybe but c'mon we're supposed to have fun right?" I nod my head and we continue to dance in this silly way until the music stops.

After a few more dances we decide that it's probably time we should go home. "are you ready?" Kel asks after waving goodbye to one of his friends, I nod my head. "Yeah, let's go" we begin to walk over to the front of the school when Jack calls out to Kel.

"Hey man! wanna join us? we're about to have a big party at sam's house!" He says slapping Kels back. "What? oh uh...sorry maybe at prom, I have to take her back home and I'm pretty tired...you understand right?" Kel says, he yawns after. "oh..right yeah I understand." Jack says, he glares at me and I flinch.

"have a goodnight Kel!" Jack says turning around to leave. "Y-you don't have to walk me home you know? you can go party.." I say nervously looking at the ground. "And leave you alone in the dark? what kind of person do you think I am Y/n?!" Kel says, his tone takes me by surprise.

"Honestly, the only reason why I came was because of you...b-but that doesn't really matter does it? lets get home yeah?" he says, I notice his cheeks begin to turn red. My heart aches "o-okay" I say shyly.

He does what he says and walked me all the way home. I unlock the door of my front house and turn to look at him "thanks for inviting me...I had fun". I smile warmly at him, he grins "yeah no problem, I had fun too" he says scratching the back of his neck.

After a few seconds of staring at each other I turn to the door "well, goodnight Kel I'll see you-" "-wait!" Kel interrupts, he grabs my shoulders and turns me around. I look up at him confused, he looks really red and extremely nervous.

"Kel? are you alright?" I ask, I place my hand on top of his. After a few seconds he pulls me in for a kiss on the cheek. My heart begins to beat fast and I can feel my entire body turn hot. "w-what the!?" I say, I place the other hand on my cheek, he quickly takes his hands off of my shoulders and turns to leave.

"I-I'll see you Monday Y/n! bye!" he says running away, I'm left there dumbfounded.