Numero Cuatro

I place my head down on my desk, I just finished the sheet our teacher gave to us. I turn to the window and let the light hit my eyes, it feels warm- very nice. I think about what happened yesterday.

I was so surprised I forgot to thank him...I should do it later today...or when I have time... I close my eyes. I slowly start to drift off to sleep when someone beside me taps me on the shoulder.

I get up and turn to see who it is. Unsurprisingly it's Kel, "hey so I need help..." He says quietly pointing at his sheet. maybe this could be the way I say thanks... I think to myself, "what do you need help with?" I ask quietly back.

He smiles brightly at me, his eyes shining "woah you'll really help me!?". "I mean yeah...think of this as a way of saying thanks for yesterday..." I say looking away, his eyes are too bright for me.

He grins and places himself closer to me. "Wh-what are you doing?" I ask nervously "hm? Oh I'm getting closer so we can look together!" He replies. That's strange, normally people would just ask me to hand over the paper...

"Oh, o-okay then..".

---

After everyone finished the teacher finally allowed us to go to lunch. I stand up quickly and pack everything up. I stop as Kel places a hand on my desk. I look up at him "yes? Are you missing something?" I ask.

He shakes his head "no, I was just wondering if you would like to have lunch with me ?". I stay still because of the shock what? What did he just say? Me?? I think to myself.

I gulp and refuse quietly "no I-...you should probably go with your basketball group friends...". I continue to pack my things when he stops me again. "No- I want to have lunch with you , plus all they talk about are girls and how they're going to win the next big game heh".

After that he grins brightly at me, it's so bright I can't refuse. "Em ... Sure okay..".