Chapter 45: Right In The Chest.

Start from the beginning

I shove my phone and car keys in my pockets and I leave my room.

I feel like everything around me is spinning, that might be the whiskey still working in my veins but I know the pain in my chest is because of her.

God, I should have just listened to that junior when she told me not to make things casual.

Mom's driver tosses me the keys to the Range Rover before I walk into the kitchen. I feel a little confused by who I find sitting on the kitchen island, eating breakfast.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Damien.

"Morning to you too, sunshine, I'm here to pick you up." He says cheerfully.

No, he's not.

"I'm not going today." I open the fridge, grabbing a bottle of beer and twisting it open.

"Why?" He bites on his bacon.

"I got dumped, seeing her today will be like stabbing myself right in the chest." I walk around the counter, sitting my beer down and giving him a suspicious look.

"What's he doing here?" Cassandra walks in.

Well, I was just about to ask him that.

"Hurry up, your highness, I'm going to be your chauffeur this morning." I say playfully, she wrinkles her nose at me.

"You look like shit." She walks to the fridge to grab her diet smoothie.

"The coolest chick at school dumbed his ass, of course he looks like shit." Damien remarks.

"He was datin- you were dating someone?" She chokes.

"We weren't even dating." I sigh, chugging my beer.

"So, does she taste as good as she looks?" Damien smirks at me, Cass makes vomiting faces behind him.

"Wait, are we talking about that girl that Mom caught you banging in Dad's office?" She moves to the counter beside Damien, he rubs the back of his head and moves, putting enough space between them.

I arch my brows at him.

"She... didn't catch us but yeah, that one." I respond to her question.

"That girl is my fucking idol," she nods to herself, smiling.

"Why? Do you like... dream about getting fucked in your Dad's office?" Damien rolls his eyes, Cass mutters something to herself before turning her head to face him.

"My father would murder me but the dude's Dad on the other hand..." She trails, biting her lip, I shake my head at her.

And people say I'm the crazy one.

"And here I was thinking you were a full time virgin." Damien's eyes sweep her body.

She scoffs, narrowing her eyes at him, then she closes the space between them.

"Damien," she places her hand on his shoulder, Damien's eyes dart to the hand then back to her face, "If I decline a sex offer from you, its not because I'm a virgin, it's because I don't want to fuck you." She tilts her head to her side, mocking him.

She's so full of shit and he's a fool for not seeing right through her.

I look around the kitchen, feeling like I shouldn't be listening to this.

"But I've never given you an offer, Princess." He chews slowly.

She smirks, "No?"

"No."

"Not even in your head?" She traces her fingers on the side of his head, he grasps her wrist, gazing into her eyes.

"Careful, little Zo, you're a prey, don't toy with predators, they just might attack." His words make me roll my eyes.