Chapter 18: Promise.

Reign's POV.

"I got the phone!" I run up to Ariana who is leaning her back against her car door and typing away on her phone.

She looks up at me and releases a sigh of relief.

"Thank God, I thought they caught you or something. What took you so long?" She asks.

Strangely, I don't feel like telling her about the encounter I had with Luke in the hallway.

"Cara and Jasmine beat the shit out of each other in the boy's locker room." I pass Garrett's phone to her, she widens her eyes at me as she takes it from my hand.

"No fucking way, did she find out he was sleeping with Cara?" She asks whispery, I narrow my eyes at her.

"You knew?"

"Everyone knew," She laughs, "Jasmine doesn't listen to anyone when it comes to relationships, she'd rather find out herself than be told," She says as she unlocks Garrett's phone, I move to stand beside her in order to peep at the screen because I'm that nosey.

She opens his Instagram and checks his messages, she clicks on a conversation Garrett had a few hours ago with someone called Scarlett.

"I fucking knew it," She scrolls through the conversation.

I don't know why she's overreacting, these conversations are innocent and a little boring cause why ask someone what they're having for lunch?

"I don't see any nudes so I don't think that's his 'mistress'" I air quote the ridiculous word, she turns her head to face me.

"This is the chick Garrett hooked up with last summer when we were on a break," She holds up the phone.

"Oh." I bite down a laugh.

"Hey!" I hear Garrett shout across the lot, we both turn to look in his direction.

"Shit." Ariana hides the phone behind her.

He's walking towards us with his duffle bag hanging on his shoulder at a fast pace, looking all pissed off.

"Reign, I never thought I'd say this to you ever but fuck you!" He points at me.

"What did I do?" I whine, acting innocent, "And fuck you too Garrett, you cheating piece of shit."

"Give me my phone back." He snaps his fingers, looking back and forth between us.

"What makes you think we have it?" Ariana keeps a straight face, Garrett rolls his eyes before grabbing her arm and tries to reach her hands behind her, she tries to get out of his hold and keep the phone in her hands.

They bicker and they bicker.

I sigh.

So another reason why I'm single just resurfaced.

They keep bickering over the phone until Garrett gets ahold of it and uses it to point at Ariana, opening his mouth to speak but she beats him to it.

"Don't fucking point the thing at me, you cheating piece of shit." Her tone sounds breathy.

"Don't fucking point the thing at her, you cheating piece of shit." I back her up, he glares at me, I show him the finger.

"What's going on? Why is everybody fighting today?" Mason and Luke join the scene, Mason wraps his heavy arm around me while Luke rests his hands on his hips and stares at Garrett and Ariana like he's a tired parent chewing gum.

"Garrett cheated on me." She informs them.

"I did not cheat on you." He defends, shaking his head. "I didn't cheat on her." He says, looking at the rest of us.