Bonus Chapter 1: Invincible Girl vs The Inverted Eye

A/N: hello hi! To avoid confusion, this chapter takes place before Chapter 6 but after Chapter 5. This chapter is to keep you entertained while I work on the next chapter.

As you deal the finishing blow to Cardin, he falls on his knees, coughing.

Cardin: lucky... shot.

Cardin lies completely flat on his stomach, falling unconscious.

Y/N: no, you were predictable, that was your first mistake.

A buzzer sounds as the lights of the ring turn back on. Professor Goodwitch walks to the centre of class, tapping on her scroll.

Goodwitch: and that's the match! Cardin loses by aura level and knockout.

Glenda checks the clock above the doorframe. She makes a mental note of the time.

Goodwitch: I believe we have time for a few more matches. Any volunteers?

Numerous students raise their hands, but one hand stands out from the crowd. Everyone either gasps, makes noises like 'ooooh' or 'aahhh' at the unexpected sight. Professor Goodwitch even raises her eyes while you just deadpan. It turns out Pyrrha Nikos, the "Invincible Girl' had raised her hand to challenge a student.

Goodwitch: Pyrrha Nikos! This is certainly a surprise! Who would you like to challenge?

Pyrrha smiles and chuckles as her eyes dart toward you.

Pyrrha: I challenge Y/N!

Glenda shakes her head in disapproval.

Goodwitch: as entertaining as that skirmish would be, Y/N has already fought so you'll have to choose-

Y/N: no no, it's fine. I accept her challenge.

Glenda: very well, Pyrrha Nikos, please obtain your equipment and make your way to the platform.

As Pyrrha leaves to the locker room to grab her equipment, you lean against the wall and fold your arms. A few minutes later, Pyrrha re-enters the classroom with her armor equipped, her shield on her back and her spear in her hand. As she steps upon the platform, you stop leaning against the wall and give an excited smirk.

Y/N: so, Mistral's Champion decides to challenge me in combat, an exciting day indeed. I'm honored.

Pyrrha smiles gently at you as she gets into her combat stance.

Pyrrha: the honor is mine, Y/N. Although, I do hope you'll enjoy the taste of the ground.

Y/N: those are fighting words, prepare to be vanquished!

Goodwtich: let the match begin!

The two of you charge at each other, your weapons clashing together. As the two of you exchange blows, Pyrrha manages to knock your sword out of your hand with a powerful blow from her spear. You quickly leap back and grab it before charging back into battle. You manage to land a blow on her shoulder, but she barely flinches as she lands another strike on your chest, barely flinching yourself.

Y/N: hmph! This will be more challenging than I thought!

You begin to laugh and clap in excitement and satisfaction. Pyrrha looks concerned as she fears that you have gone mad.

 Pyrrha looks concerned as she fears that you have gone mad