Goodbye for now

Our story begins in the library, Y/N and Ren are reading recipes in separate cookbooks Ren is looking at recipes for pancakes while you are looking at recipes in general, nutritious, healthy and high in vitamins

Ren: Y/N, this has bugged me for a while, how do you get the pancakes 'fluffy'?

You turn to the next page without making eye contact with Ren.

Y/N: you need to aerate the pancake mix, keep mixing it and it will eventually start to foam due to the denatured proteins creating large spaces that allows air to flow in.

Ren nods his head after he finishes taking notes on his scroll.

Ren: thank you, Y/N.

Y/N: I'm assuming Nora is the reason for this question?

Ren groans as he rubs his temples.

Ren: unfortunately.

Unbeknownst to you, Ruby walks up behind you and taps your shoulder.

Ruby: um Y/N?

You turn to the next page of the cookbook, not bothering to look at Ruby.

Y/N (mildly annoyed): what is it Ruby?

Ruby: professor Ozpin sent me to come get you, he says it's urgent.

Y/N: oh dear. I suppose I shouldn't keep him waiting now, should I?

Ruby: I... no?

You chuckle as you stand up and ruffle Ruby's hair. You head towards the exit of the library.

Y/N: rhetorical question Ruby, you don't need to answer that.

You leave the library and head towards the elevator, which you've heard is infamously slow.

Y/N (with a heavy sigh): whatever he needs better be important.

After 20.5 agonisingly slow minutes, the elevator finally reaches the headmaster's office. You walk out with your hands behind your back.

Y/N: Professor Ozpin, you requested my presence?

Professor Ozpin turns to face you, his infinite coffee cup in hand.

Ozpin: indeed I did, you have a visitor.

You deadpan at Ozpin. Was this really that important? Just a visitor?

???: Y/N, my boy! It's been far too long!

Your eyes widen at the sound of the familiar voice. You recognise it as the greatest man you know, the man who guided you to glory, the Top Banana of the Yiga Clan, The Stupendous... Master Kohga.

You immediately cross your arm to the opposite shoulder and bow on one knee

Y/N: Master Kohga! You honour me with your presence!