Chapter 18: He Sees Everything But Not Everything?

Third prince Wang Yibo practically gaped at the person in front of him, face hidden by a bamboo hat with white long veils and a sword grasped at his side.

His attention was drawn to the barn full of their supply. "How should I thank you for your efforts?  You have saved my men from malnourishment?" He was earnest in his plea because this mysterious person had struggled and returned their barn, beating the Prince to the task.

"I don't need anything from a prince,"

Wang Yibo batted an eyelid, inquisitive. "Do you have a prejudice against nobility, or do you have a grudge against me?"

The mysterious stranger shook his head. "I have nothing against you. I'll be on my way, " He turned to go.

"Wait, I didn't get your name, I will make sure the King rewards you handsomely," Wang Yibo catechized, and the man froze, staring intently at the front gate as a royal chariot hopped in.

"Master," the stranger murmured, but Wang Yibo heard it too well, but he didn't have time to contemplate what he meant as the chariot door opened and the fourth prince of Downton ventured out.

Wang Yibo flocked over to him instantly, grabbing the Beta's arm and staring him down. "What are you doing here?"

Prince Chaoxing sniggered. "You may not want me, but fate has brought us together, and I'm overjoyed to see you unharmed after your Omega had been hyperventilating,"

"What about my omega?" Wang Yibo was trying to ascertain when the familiar creamy sweetness of his mate's scent nuzzle his nostrils and the Omega prince of Frigon emerged out of the carriage. As those wintry gazes met with his, Wang Yibo practically felt his eyeballs ripping out of his sockets. "What are you doing here?" His tone was coarser than he had envisaged.

Xiao Zhan bowed slightly. Did he irk his Alpha by showing up? "Do you not wish to see me, My Lord?"

"Not till I return!" Wang Yibo hollered. "How did you persuade father to let you come here? It's quite hazardous, yet he allowed you to come here!" He had no idea he was releasing apoplectic pheromones until the Omega purred in acquiescence behind his veil.

Xiao Zhan advanced, wrapping his arms around Wang Yibo's midsection and resting his head on the prince's chest. "I'm for causing you concern, but I became troubled,"

In a heartbeat, Wang Yibo was circling his arms around the Omega's slim waist and drinking in his scent. gods! Wang Yibo had no idea how much he missed having the Omega in his arms until he felt so invigorated." I'm sorry for snapping," he pulled the Omega back and kissed his forehead. "You must be exhausted, come,"

They shifted, and Xiao Zhan finally spotted the man in the veil. Xiao Zhan had no idea he was grasping Wang Yibo's arm as abrupt anxiety clutched him.

"Are you okay?" While glancing at the mystery person, Wang Yibo inquired worriedly at how strongly the Omega was clutching his arm.

The mysterious man saluted and ducked his head in respect "I'll be on my way, third Prince," he announced as he walked away, and Xiao Zhan watched him until he was out of sight.

Why did he sense he'd seen that man before?

"Do you know who he is?" Wang Yibo queried, but Xiao Zhan quickly shook his head.

"He seems familiar, yet I've never seen him before," Xiao Zhan said as Wang Yibo escorted him to his tent.

*~*