Chapter 5: Too Cold

Wang Yibo slid into his gray-blue floral trench coat, straightening the little collars while ignoring the gaze that drilled holes through his skull. It unnerved him, the difference was clear, the little omega of Frigon was something beyond the proficiency of men.

"Are you leaving, My Lord?"

The third prince of Dawnton empire squinched at the quick tone, not knowing why, his heart suddenly going eccentric in his chest, especially recalling how absolute the Omega looked sleeping on his chest earlier. Wang Yibo twirled to the Omega, sitting elegantly on the large canopy bed, his hands placed on his clothed thighs, Wang Yibo almost didn't want to see what was beneath all those layers of clothing that sealed the heavenly beauty.

"Yes, I need to speak to Father. I will return at dusk" he responded, at the same time, a knock came from the door. The third prince went to open it, finding the manservant with his most trusted guard. "Ah, Haoxuan, come in"

"Your highness" the guard bowed at the royalties as he stepped into the room, Jiyang beside him.

Xiao Zhan tilted his head, his arctic eyes flickering between the guard, in black clothing with a fine sword by his side, and his omega servant in a purple servant skirt while images flashed before his eyes. "A doomed fate" he grumbled beneath his veil, the awful scene in his instantly stopping at his words.

Wang Yibo sauntered over to the Omega, offering his hand which Xiao Zhan accepted as he stood on his feet. "I trust you will not want to be locked in your chambers and you will want a tour around the kingdom. My guard will be your escort"

"I want you to accompany me"

"Perhaps next time, we have a lifetime after all" Wang Yibo winked playfully but the Omega prince didn't seem to get it at his next words.

"It's unpredictable, my prince" his cold voice responded, followed by a chill wind that suddenly brushed against their flushed cheeks from nowhere, Wang Yibo shared an uncertain glance with his guard before clearing his throat.

"Let's make every day count then. I would love to take you around the kingdom but unfortunately, not today" he smiled, trying to seem apologetic, he didn't know whether he wanted to be alone with the Omega or not. "I will take my leave" he announced, bowed sightly at the sixth prince of Frigon before going on his way.

Haoxuan immediately saluted the prince as soon as Wang Yibo was gone, seeming as if he was escaping from something frightening. "Your highness, Haoxuan at your service"

Xiao Zhan stood as if he was frozen, his eyes not once blinking, staring at the Alpha male in front of him blankly. "Someone who isn't frightened, interesting..." He tilted his head, his gaze now scanning, as if searching for something unique, something that made the male different from everyone else, different from his Alpha also.

Haoxuan straightened his posture, an iron grip on his sword, he slowly pushed the door open before turning to the Omega. "Shall we?"

Picking up his lengthy skirt, Xiao Zhan nodded and took a step forward but Haoxuan stopped him instantly, his black eyes trailing down the prince's empty legs.

"You aren't putting on shoes?"

"He doesn't wear shoes" Omega Jiyang had responded.

"We shall take an open carriage then" Haoxuan voiced and led the way before them.

Xiao Zhan took a step to follow but stopped before turning to the Omega behind him. "How courtly, don't you think, Jiyang?"

Instantly, a faint blush kissed the servant's cheeks as he fondle with his hands that were held in front of him. "I-i-I don't kn-ow" he stammered messily, keeping his head downcast, trying to hide his stained cheeks from the prying eyes of the Omega prince.