Chapter 10: The Predator Becomes the Prey

The first thing Wang Yibo saw opening his eyes was the placid slumbering face of Xiao Zhan on his chest.

He beamed, his hand reaching out to stroke the omega's flawless hair. How silken, he realized, how delicate he noticed. His hand paused when Xiao Zhan stirred but didn't rouse as he foresaw, he resumed, wanting the arcadian moment to last longer.

Who would have thought he would one day be enticed to one and leave the others. For a second, he thought he would never bring himself to settle down, start a family of his own but things and times had changed, now he could only thank his father for choosing him among his brothers to have the aesthetic Omega prince.

His gaze went down to the veil that sealed the omega's face from the world, even from him.

His hand itched to take it off but hesitation grasp his every vein. He couldn't bring himself to take it off. It was like touching something hallowed, something divine, something that should be left in its place however, he wanted to mark his omega, touch him in places no one has, make him feel loved, Wang Yibo wanted to caress every part of the Omega but he held back, something held him back while a voice reverberated at the back of his head, telling him it wasn't the right time yet but when? because may the gods help him, Wang Yibo was sure he had no long-suffering bone in his body.

Shortly, the moment was fugitive, horned in by a knock from the door before it opened to reveal Jiyang, the Omega strolled into the chambers, eyes wandering anywhere and everything except at the figures lying on the bed, a seeable blush marrying his flushed cheeks. He ducked his head. "Good morning, your highness!"

Wang Yibo heaved himself away from Xiao Zhan, getting off the bed and tucked the delicate person with the duvet, leaning down to press his lips over his forehead. He withdrew and swerved to Jiyang. "Good morning, Jiyang. How was your night?" He inquired, stretching both hands out, exposing more of his naked torso and flexible muscles. Jiyang immediately looked away, the colors on his cheeks deepening while the third prince snickered, ambling over to the screens and vanishing behind them. Jiyang sighed. How hectic!

He went towards the window curtains, sliding them open and letting the morning sun gleam brilliantly into the room, glistening on Xiao Zhan's face. Jiyang neared the bed, watching as the omega's eyes fluttered open. Jiyang courtesy. "Good morning, your highness!"

Xiao Zhan blinked, staring up at Jiyang's face as if he was seeing him for the first time but the twinkle in his eyes succumbed when the other Omega beamed. "Hello, Jiyang" he greeted, pulling himself up to a sitting position.

"Do you wish to have a bath already?" Jiyang grilled and Xiao Zhan nodded while Wang Yibo finally strode from the screens, completely dressed, brushing his long fingers into his short black hair. He grinned when his eyes met the brown ones of Xiao Zhan staring back at him and for the first time, they weren't so cold but tender.

Xiao Zhan got off the bed and sauntered towards his alpha while Jiyang vanished behind the screen to prepare the prince's bath.

Xiao Zhan halted a feet away from his alpha. His slender hands rested on Wang Yibo's shoulders as he stood on his tiptoes, pressing his lips over the other's cheek lightly, withdrawing a second later as his eyes shyly lingered on the floor, unable to meet his Alpha's eyes.

Wang Yibo chuckled, instantly noticing the omega's sheepish demeanor. He positioned his finger under Xiao Zhan's chin and lifted his head, their eyes locking and Wang Yibo found himself mesmerized at the sight before him. "You should kiss me often, my omega" he expressed in a whisper, his brain once again cycling on what lay beneath that veil. Why was his luck so rotten? Never mind his luck as he got lost in those eyes all over again.