Chapter 14: He Knows, Perhaps Too Much

Sauntering into the palace armory, Wang Yibo found Haoxuan waiting.

"Did you find anything?" He queried and the guard nodded, extending two broken arrows with yellow cock feathers.

Wang Yibo peered at the familiar piece. "These look familiar?"

"That's because there's only one family in Dawnton that makes this set of toxic arrows,"

"The triplets," Wang Yibo uttered and Haoxuan nodded.

"Yes, Gaston, Gavin, and Garrick and we all know who they work for,"

Wang Yibo sighed, handing the arrows back to Haoxuan. "I never thought there would come a day we will come against each other. I never expected Tyler to go this far. How about Zuriel?"

"From an insider, he bares the same thoughts with Tyler and he also wants Prince Xiao Zhan for himself," Haoxuan answered and Wang Yibo nearly cackled at the absurdity of his older brothers and the length they would go to become the next king after their father. "They are eccentric and I can't go noting them to father, they are his sons just as I am, they will surely deny it with no proof and the people do not trust me enough to testify,"

"What should we do your highness?"

Wang Yibo let out another heavy sigh. Him not becoming the king meant either Tyler or Zuriel would rule over Dawnton and it would end badly for everyone. Xiao Zhan was right, his brothers aren't fitting and the fourth prince was still too young to join their nonsense battle for kingship, which left him and he didn't want to be King yet he cared for the people even though he didn't show it which left him with no other choice. He stared at Haoxuan with a darkened gaze. "Playing time is over Haoxuan, they want war, we'll give them war,"

*~*

"So stupid!" First Prince Tyler exclaimed furiously, thrashing a jade jug against the nearest wall, startling Princess Ah Lam who stood at the corner.

"We had underestimated him," Garrick murmured. They had always thought the third prince could barely lift a sword since he spent most of his time changing women like clothes and then, there was Prince Xiao Zhan, a wonder the earth had never seen before.

"And you?" Prince Tyler reeled to Ah Lam, grabbing her roughly by the arm till his fingers were digging into her skin. "You have been nothing but a nuisance, I told you to stop the bloody Omega!" He yelled at her face. "You are such a pest!"

"I tried to!" The fragile woman retorted with a cry. She knew she was digging her grave the minute she decided to go against him but she would rather die than let him use her for evil deeds. Her luck was bad enough, she wouldn't wish worst for someone else.

He roughly shoved her to the floor, placing his hands on his hips, feeling aggravated. "Wang Yibo might act immature but he isn't one, he must know who's behind the ambush,"

"We could get rid of the easiest prey,"

Tyler shook his head. "Zuriel might seem like another fool but he isn't one either, he's waiting for me to make the first move, blood bastards," He rubbed his chin. "This is going to be harder than I thought but whatever happens, I will be the last man standing with Xiao Zhan as my Queen!"

*~*

King Genghis sighed as he watched his eldest son through his chamber window attending to a few courtiers in the courtyard.

Tyler, Zuriel, and Wang Yibo were his three favorites, he taught them everything they needed to know while growing up and they did everything possible to impress him, each wanting their father's attention for themselves but among them and his other children, he favored one more.