Chapter 4: Sensations

The morning came rather soon, the omega prince found himself accompanying the second Consort of Dawnton with breakfast.

The second Queen glanced up after taking a bit into her food, staring at the Omega who remained impassive behind his veil, his eyes, as usual, were rural and frigid.

"How was your night?" She gleamed warmly. She had always wanted an omega son or daughter but she lost her third child in a miscarriage and since then, it had been impossible to conceive another but now, she finally had an Omega to accompany her.

"I slept well, Mother"

Consort Yang beamed brightly, reaching out as she placed her hand over the Omega's hands that were placed on his clothed thighs. "I hope you will become comfortable, my dear" she withdrew her hands, her eyes sparkling. "What do you think of the prince, he's a worthy Alpha, yes?" She grinned playfully but it fell off her face when Xiao Zhan didn't respond. "Oh dear, did the third prince not come to you last night?"

"He did. You have nothing to worry about, Mother. My Alpha is yet to be comfortable with my presence" he voiced while his eyes remained passionless.

"Nonsense, it was your nuptials night. Wang Yibo is so obscene and respectful!" The second Queen took hold of his cold hands again. "Forgive him, for my sake. I promise to deal with him personally, he won't repeat it"

Instead of answering, Xiao Zhan nodded his head while his eyes went to the door as it opened and three women ambled in, squealing loudly as they rushed towards the dining table where they were.

Consort Yang glared at the unbidden guests. "I believe there's something called knocking, am sure you don't need me to teach it to you!"

Concubine Wu chuckled, coming out almost fakely. "Accept our apologies, Queen Yang, we got too excited to meet the newest member of our family we forgot our manner, do forgive us"

Queen Yang scoffed. "That still doesn't explain why you barged into my chambers unannounced"

First consort Yalena stepped forward. "We apologized, don't prolong it, Consort Yang. We've come to welcome your Omega, you didn't welcome ours, don't be ungrateful!" Then her gaze went to Xiao Zhan. "Stand, Omega and take off the veil" she ordered.

Queen Yang slammed her palm on the table. "You have no right, Consort"

Queen Yelena hissed. "As the first queen and mother of the future king, I have the right to do whatever I want with anyone. Know your place Yang, which is below me!"

Xiao Zhan's cold gaze stared at them. It was almost pitiful knowing he knew their fates, a huge cross sign on their foreheads. He almost sighed as slowly got up on his feet, not wanting to cause any more trouble. He bowed slightly at the royalties.

"That's insulting, Omega. I deserve a proper bow" Queen Yalena spoke.

Queen Yang gasped, now she recalled why she hated all the Queens and Concubines of the King. They were nothing but spoiled brats, thinking they were above everyone just because the king found favor in them. Her lips parted to speak but Xiao Zhan beat her to it.

"My apologies but If you want my respect, you have to earn it" he was anything but a pushover.

Consort Yelena gasped, instantly pointing her index finger at her. "You-"

Once again, Xiao Zhan cut her off. "If you will pardon me, I will like to take my leave " he turned to his mother-in-law and lowed lowly. "I will accompany you to breakfast next time, mother"

Consort Yang smiled. "Of course my dear, the atmosphere is polluted"

Xiao Zhan nodded and walked out from the chambers, leaving the Queens with their mouths gaping like fishes out of water.