Chapter 13: Know Your Foes & Your Allies

"Attacking a prince is treason!" The king of Dawnton slammed his palm on his desk, dark eyes blazing while his jaw was locked. "No will in their right senses would attack one of my own!" He continued.

Third Prince Wang Yibo stood before his father, it had been minutes since they returned from the forest and he has been with his father. "Perhaps, someone who wasn't in their right senses?" He suggested. He didn't recall offending anyone, he had no dealings with anyone, and he didn't know why he was being targeted. Was he going to die soon as Xiao Zhan predicted? He couldn't help but shudder at the thought.

Xiao Zhan? What was he? How and why was he so powerful and different?

"It had to be King Ordeal, he's the only one mad enough to go against his words!" The king stated. Walking towards his son. "Have you been keeping an eye on the Omega prince?"

Wang Yibo nodded. "Yes I have and so far, he hadn't shown or exhibited any ill intentions, he saved my life. I don't believe he's not working with his father,"

"You said he's able to predict the future, if he isn't the one, then he must know who sent those men after you, I want everyone one of them slaughtered, on one touches my own and gets away with it!"

"I will speak with him father,"

The king got closer, staring eye to eye with his third son. "If he's good, I want you to keep him by yourself at all cost, he's a treasure that should be valued, however, if he shows a tiny bit of rebellion, I want him gone. Do you understand?!"

Wang Yibo stared back at his father, unwavering, and ducked his head. "Yes, Father!"

*~*

Della arrived at the prince's chambers, changed out from her hunting attires, and was dressed beautifully in her ankle-length green skirt. She didn't hesitate to knock on the door, which opened to reveal Jiyang. The beta sported a vast smile that was fake.

"What do you find here, Miss Della?" Jiyang spoke, unimpressed with the Beta's unwanted presence in front of the prince's door.

"Is Xia-"

Jiyang interrupted before she could continue. "That's prince Xiao Zhan or his highness to you," the Omega corrected and the smile on her face dropped dramatically.

"How rude for an Omega servant!" She glared. "I wish to see your prince, is he in?"

"No!" Jiyang answered quickly, already aiming to shut the door till Della stopped her.

"I can feel his presence behind the door, you stupid Omega!"

"Then you should know you're not welcomed. The prince is tired from the hunting trip and doesn't wish to be disturbed. Whatever it is that you wish to see him for will have to wait!" Jiyang answered in an indifferent tone.

The Beta's mouth parted, realizing the amount of authority a lowly Omega servant held, speaking back at her like that. Her lips parted to speak but a familiar voice chimed in from the inside.

"Let her in, Jiyang"

Della didn't wait for the door to be opened for her as she immediately shoved her way in, nearly knocking Jiyang off his feet.

She barged into the prince's chamber, envy and jealousy creeping through her veins as she realized this was supposed to be her chambers with Wang Yibo, she was supposed to be his consort, not this unearthly omega prince, she thought, staring almost disgustingly at the prince, who had also changed out of his hunting clothes.

"Why are you still wearing that veil of yours?" The words left her lips rudely. She hissed.

Xiao Zhan stared back with a barren gaze. "Is there something you need, Miss Della?"

Della strode closer. "What you did at the forest today, how did you do it? That was magic?"

"Whatever you call it," Xiao Zhan answered.

The beta-female scoffed. "Seemed like the rumors about you being cursed are right. You are cursed!"

Xiao Zhan tilted his head. "Is that why you came, Miss Della? To remind me of my difference or is there something else that you desire?"

Della grimaced, realizing the Omega didn't appear as affected as she thought. "I want Wang Yibo!" She decided to stop beating around the bushes.

Xiao Zhan stridden closer, now standing eye to eye, a feet away. "Wang Yibo?" He catechized, his tone barren and vacate.

Delle bridged her arms over her chest, sporting a scowl. "Wang Yibo has always been mine. He sleeps around, yet he always comes back to me till you came along and ruined everything!"

"Does he?" Xiao Zhan blinked, then nodded. "Perhaps it's because you satisfied him better than the bawds,"

Della gasped. "How dare you, you are just an Omega!"

Xiao Zhan blinked innocently. "Am I?" He sighed tiredly. "I find this conversation bizarre and utterly childish. If you don't mind, I will like for you to leave, I have precious things to worry about than your ludicrous act of jealousy!"

Della gaped as if she was slapped to the face and spatted on. She wanted to counter but she suddenly went voiceless. She sharply reeled to leave till Xiao Zhan called her back.

"The third prince is not an object, he has a mind of his own. If he wants you, he will come for you,"

The beta hissed and stormed out through the door, at the same time, Wang Yibo walked in.

"What was she doing here?" He grilled, unclogging the buttons of his coat.

"She came for me," The Omega responded.

Wang Yibo took off his jacket, stretching it out towards Jiyang, and approached the Omega prince, he stopped feet away from him. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

Xiao Zhan tilted his head. "I hide nothing from you, my Lord,"

"The men at the forest, you know who sent them?" He catechized and Xiao Zhan nodded. "Who?"

"Prince Tyler," Came the straightforward answer and Wang Yibo gaped, astonished.

"What?" He choked out. "You expect me to believe my brother sent those men!"

"Prince Tyler is your biggest foe,"

Again, Wang Yibo gaped, not knowing what to believe.

A brother who he had lived his life with or a mate he just had and saved his life? "Why should I trust you, your father could have sent those men!"

"The king of Frigon has no reason to attack you or your kingdom while Tyler has every reason to kill you and those in line for the throne," Xiao Zhan strode closer to his alpha. "You might not want to be the next king but you are very much part of it as any of your brothers and in this fight for the throne, it's a game of survival and death, know your foes and your allies,"

"And believe me, My Lord. In this game, I'm your biggest and strongest ally"

To be continued...!