Chapter 9: A Complete Different Being

Deliberately, his eyes fluttered open, unblinkingly staring up at the ceiling.

"Thank goodness, you are awake!"

The Omega prince heard an exclamation beside him as his eyes flickered to his side to find his alpha sitting on the mattress beside his lying form, hand into his, giving it tender strokes that sent chills down the omega's spines.

"Alpha," He called out, his voice nearly above a whisper as he blinked his eyes repeatedly, clearly making out every structure of the third prince's features.

"I was getting extremely worried," Wang Yibo articulated, bringing Xiao Zhan's hand to his lips, planting a feathery kiss on the back of his palm while Xiao Zhan gawked.

"It feels nice," the Omega expressed and Wang Yibo chuckled, pressing his kiss on the omega's hand one more time.

"I will do it repeatedly if you like," Wang Yibo beamed, instantly noticing a frown on the prince's forehead. "Do you wish to sit up?" He grilled and Xiao Zhan nodded. Wang Yibo carefully slipped his hand under the omega's head and supported him to a sitting position, resting his back on the bed stance.

"Do you feel pain anywhere, should I get a doctor?" He immediately turned to Jiyang at the corner of the room. "Jiyang, warm up his medicine,"

Xiao Zhan scanned his alpha over, instantly noticing how his almond-shaped eyes had sunk into their sockets, the dark circles apparent under his eyes. His usual elegant appearance was ragged, his short black hair was barely sticking together, unkempt, his trench coat was nowhere to be seen, he wore his inner white sleeve shirt that was tucked into his trousers, a few buttons loosed at the top, Xiao Zhan instantly averted his gaze, noticing the smooth skin beneath his shirt.

Jiyang came forward with a tiny bowl of medicine, a jade spoon inside, handing it over to the prince, who instantly reeled back to the Omega. Wang Yibo stirred the streaming green liquid inside the bowl, "it's rather hot," He announced, blowing air into the bowl to reduce the heat.

"You look worn, my Lord?" Xiao Zhan finally aired and Wang Yibo chuckled.

"It's nothing, you should take your medicine," He extended the bowl to the Omega, urging him to accept, which he did.

"I think you need this more than I, my Lord" Xiao Zhan asserted.

"I'm fine, I was worried about you. You have been out for days," Wang Yibo's eyes flickered between Xiao Zhan's eyes and his veil. "Shouldn't your veil be a problem, when are you going to take it off?"

"The question is, My Lord. When are you going to take it off? It's starting to get tiring" he turned his head to the side, bringing the tiny bowl under his veil, and emptied its content before handing it over to the young Alpha.

Wang Yibo stared down at the bowl, unable to say something else. He wanted to take off the veil on the first night and Xiao Zhan refused and now, he was saying something else. Why was he speaking in parables?

"Is there something wrong, my Lord?" Xiao Zhan tilted his head.

Wang Yibo lifted his head, beaming. "No, do you wish to have a bath, I can prepare it for you?" He suggested, getting ready to do anything for his little Omega prince.

Xiao Zhan parted his lips to speak but a knock from the door interrupted. Jiyang went to answer the door while Wang Yibo couldn't help but ask.

"The doctors couldn't detect any illness in you, I believe it's nothing physical since you woke up at your own time,"

"You died, many times and I couldn't save you all the times you died, and it hurts," Xiao Zhan let out straightforwardly. He leaned towards Wang Yibo, falling on his chest, sighing in contentment, and inhaling the strong scent of his Alpha. How nice!

Wang Yibo's body tensed at the unexpected action of the Omega as he hesitantly wrapped his arms around the feminine Omega. "How did I die?"

"You were stabbed, poisoned, hanged, assassinated, shot, every scene was a different death and all of them happened in front of me and I couldn't prevent it," Xiao Zhan snuggled closer, letting himself be wrapped with warmth. He knew the future was uncertain, why was he getting attached, why did it feel so natural, like he was meant to be there. Would he be able to prevent the future from happening, would it even happen? "Just be wary of your brothers, especially Tyler, there's nothing good about him,"

He's going to die? Wang Yibo didn't know what to make of that information? How was he supposed to prevent death from knocking on his door? "Shouldn't you be worried?"

Xiao Zhan suddenly laughed in an odd tone that caught Wang Yibo off guard before speaking in a solely different voice. "Why should I? I've been keeping you alive for so long, I can't fail now that am succeeding!"

The voice was unique, it was like an entirely different being speaking out, Wang Yibo didn't recognize it as he gasped, placing his hands on Xiao Zhan's shoulder and pulling him back but found nothing lurking in the Omega's eyes.

"What?" Wang Yibo voiced.

"What's wrong, my Lord?"

For the first time, Wang Yibo heard an emotion in his voice, Confusion. Now, Wang Yibo could only wonder if he heard it right, did he?

"You said-"

Jiyang interrupted. "Your highness, the king requests your presence immediately!"

Wang Yibo sighed. "Very well, prepare a bath for the prince, Jiyang?" He said, never taking his eyes away from the omega. "Take care of yourself, I'll be back," he leaned in and pressed his lips on Xiao Zhan's forehead. How nice!

*******************
********************

Walking out from the screens, Xiao Zhan's eyes scanned around the chambers, finding no one. He went towards the massive mattress, wearing his silk sleeping robes that were rather revealing and a matching veil.

He sat down, suddenly feeling so isolated. He could never get used to this feeling. Back in his father's kingdom, he had his books but not anymore. He wasn't surrounded by his books, but rather people and suddenly, he didn't want to be left alone, he had been secluded for so long, yet couldn't get used to this feeling.

His eyes lit up when a knock came from the door, he stood up, approaching it but stopped when his hand grasp the handle, sensing an odd scent from the other side but he couldn't detect who it was. Without another minute of hesitation, he opened the door, revealing the smirking face of the second prince, Zuriel.

"How lovely!" His eyes trailed down Xiao Zhan's form in his sleeping robes before his eyes went up to meet with the omega's cold ones. "Wang Yibo is the luckiest man," He ran his tongue over his thin lips. He stepped closer, Xiao Zhan stepped back.

"The third prince is not in!" Xiao Zhan informed in a blank tone.

Zuriel clicked his tongue. "Oh, I'm not here for my brother, I'm here for yo-"

Xiao Zhan had slammed the door on his face.

"Hey, I promise you, I will take care of you more than Wang Yibo, I will fuck you better!" Zuriel's voice shouted from the other side.

Xiao Zhan glared at the door, such animals he was surrounded with. "Repelling humans!"

To be continued...!

*~*

IT'S OFFICIAL, XIAO ZHAN ISN'T HUMAN!!!