Chapter 2. Omega Prince, Xiao Zhan

Yarn, pearls, beads, quil, and sequins, the young maid passed the corner with a big basket of them, striding further and further towards the verboten west wing of the royal palace.

Her steps were feather-light yet whisked, her orbs of blue glancing back once in a while, surveying her environs for any passers.

Finally, she came to a stop to what looked like a wall, but soon vanished and in replace was a fine door. With a push, it opened and she instantly sauntered in and dematerialized from sight, followed by the door that turned back into a thick cemented wall for the prosaic eyes.

Waddling into an enormous chamber, her blue orbs instantly docked on a figure crouching on the fluffy mattress in the center of the space, legs crossed over the other, eyes soldered to the book in hand, wholly enthralled but she knew he was cognizant of her presence or probably not.

"Your highness?"

Almost instantly, her breath hooked when a pair of brown eyes met her blue orbs, making her congealed on her steps as if she was apprehended as those brown orbs peered through her essence.

"Your highness" the maid kept her head bowed before the celestial creature that seemed to have embellished her with his divine presence, also known as the sixth Prince, the only Omega prince in the heart of Frigon Empire, Prince Xiao Zhan.

His skin was what you portray as alabaster that seemed to glow from within, he was flawless, the purest jade had no comparison, while his long midnight dark hair laid neatly on his back and some on the bed, the rest of his features were unseen as they were hidden behind a white veil that matched his clothes, the only thing bare on his face were his brown eyes that hypnotized those that ogled too long.

Slamming the book shut, the Omega prince stood on his bare feet, his lengthy traditional ruqun ru dress skirt falling, sealing the golden chains around his ankle.

"I brought the items that you asked for, sixth Prince"

Xiao Zhan slowly approached her, abandoning the book on his layer till he halted in front of her, dipping his hand into the basket in her hold, he took hold of the yarn, fondling it in his fingers as he stared down at it, a bit fascinated before his enigmatic brown eyes met hers again, making the maid breath hitch again, her eyes widened. "Five years passed and you are still spineless at my sight" he spoke behind his veil, putting back the yarn into the basket before stepping back.

"What news have you brought for me today, Amara?" his voice raged calmness, too serene that it daunted her.

Five years passed, Amara still couldn't bring herself to look at the prince's void eyes for a second longer without shuddering.  Perhaps because she knew he wasn't natural, everyone in and outside the kingdom knew the Omega prince of Frigon wasn't common. Perhaps it was because she hadn't seen his face before, all she had seen of him were his emotionless brown eyes that always seemed to strike her like lightning, she could never be immune to them.

Mustering her courage once more, Amara opened her mouth to speak but the prince instantly chipped in.

"The prince of Dawnton would make a good husband, don't you think, Amara?"