Finally Talking? (6)

About a month has gone by now and Ricky and I are trading smiles but that is all I could muster. Until now. So since EJ works at Youth on the service team, he dragged me from the quad to the church.

When we get Ricky is alone so EJ drags me there. "Hi." I say with a smile . "Hi" he replies also with a smile. "How are you?" I ask. "Good and you? " he returns. "Good thanks." I respond.

EJ steps in and starts talking to him . Really I rehearsed multiple conversations over this past week. I couldn't remember one of them.

Like EJ and I even practiced about four conversations a day.

So it is about a month after that. I still don't talk to him. I will occasionally say hi but that is all.

Right now my friends are going crazy. And by crazy I mean absolutely crazy. So I am with Bella and Andrew and it is Friday night.

So Bella isn't coming on camp but Andrew is. So Bella is my age and is a really good friend of mine. And Andrew is three years older than us.

It is actually a dunning store how I met him but that is a story for another day. So as I was saying since Bella isnt going on camp with us she says to me that.

"I need a photo of you two together." she says. "How would I even do that?" I ask. She then turns to Andrew. "Can you get me a picture with the two of them+" she asks.

"What? Oh yeah for sure. Do you want one with his arm around her shoulder, the classic prom pose with her back against his chest and his arms around her waist or the dip pose where he dips her?"he asks.

Really? "All three if you can but if not then just the dip." she replies. Oh great. "Perfect. I will get those for you." he says.

Then we start another conversation about I don't know what but hey. Ricky is now standing a few feet away from me so I ask "Did you get the job?"

OK so last week my mom and dad came to the church and they saw Ricky. And he told my mom he was looking for a job. And he apied for one at a bicycle store.

Then on Sunday my mom saw him and called him over asking if he got the job and he said he didn't know yet and then they were talking and then Jacob and another friend of his came over and were practicing pic up line on him.

"No. I didn't" he says. I deflate a little because I was rooting for him. "I ams sorry" I say. "It is okay." he says with a smile.

"So are you going on camp?" I ask because I am so I. "Hell yeah." he says and I reply with a cool.

Both of us turn back to our conversation and my friends are looking at me like I am crazy. "What?" I ask and Bella says "You just spoke to him." and I replied "I did" and then we went back to our conversation.

Later when I told my friend Jen, she freaked out.

Heyy

I hope you enjoyed this.

The next 12 or so chapters are going to be about camp. Who is looking forward to that. I am because let me tell you there is a lot to unpack.

Anyway thanks for reading and commenting and voting really does mean the world to me.

Take care of yourself. Eat, drink lots of water and get enough sleep. You are all incredible and deserve the world

Love you guys