Chapter 20: A Weird Contract

My heart is pounding excessively as my mind runs wild from fright.

"Hic! S-Sir! L-Let me explain... It's not my child!" I exclaimed as his men handed the rifle to his hand.

He looked at me sharply while loading the ammo to the magazine before slapping it back to the rifle. I stepped back, stumbling down as my knees gave out due to fright. He then pulled and pushed the bolt handle back before lifting the rifle towards the target as he turned around in position to shoot.

Bang!

I felt my heart stop beating for a second as the gun shot sound echoed loudly across the shooting room. No wonder they were all using a muffler--it was deafening. I turned to look at the target and saw him missing just an inch away from the center.

"Tsk! Let's not talk about the unimportant matters for now. I don't have much time. Do you know how to use a gun?" he asked.

I shook my head while composing myself to stand up though I'm still shivering from shock.

I don't have much idea about guns though I played a lot of online games. I am not keen on memorizing the model of the guns. I only know which ones are for long or short range. Rifles are used for long range and most of the time for hunting or sniping, while pistols are used for short range and are handy to carry.

"You need to learn how to handle a gun if you want to protect your family," he said.

He called out one of his men and ordered him to teach me how to assemble different types of guns before leaving. After some brief tutorial, Mr. Dominique instructed me to follow him in his office, on the top floor of the building—the whole floor is exclusively for the CEO and owner of the company.

He asked everyone to leave us alone upon arriving at his office—I have no idea what we are about to discuss, but it made me extremely nervous. I don't know what's on his mind.

"Sit down," he said, pointing to the seat in front of his desk as he sat on his executive chair.

I followed quietly while trembling with nervousness. What could it be that he needs us to be alone?

"I brought you here because I want us to clear things up regarding your position in my daughter's life," he said, leaning back in his chair while looking at me calmly, tapping his finger against his table.

"After staying with my daughter. Do you still regret agreeing to marry my daughter?" he asked as he leaned forward with a serious look on his face.

"N-No sir!" I answered immediately.

"Good! I ordered Daniel to prepare this contract for you to sign since my only daughter doesn't want to inherit a single cent from me. All the details are written. Tell me if there is anything you disagree with before we sign it," he said while turning his chair to the side to recline the back of his seat and leaned there to rest.

I was astonished upon reading the contract. My hands were trembling as my sweat kept dripping from my forehead. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

It was clearly stated that his wealth will be inherited by my future children with Laia. Also, if anything happened to him, I will be the one who'd oversee the companies under his name until my children are mature and capable enough to handle the businesses. I will also undergo a fast-track training on handling the company.

I almost faint reading the contract.

"S-Sir? A-Are you s-sure about this? I have never handled a company before," I asked.

"You're a business major with excellent academic records from grade school until your college years. How hard would it be to pursue your actual field of expertise?" he replied.