Chapter 17: EX

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Even though I used to flirt with some girls when I was not in a committed relationship, I've never in my entire life imagined that I'll be having an open relationship with someone. What's more is that, the one who's asking for it is my wife—my legally wedded wife.

I was utterly shocked and furious at the same time.

A lawyer calling for an open relationship.

What are the odds?

"We're married. We're about to have a child," I murmured in disbelief, looking at her blankly.

"I already sent the documents to process our annulment. I asked a close friend to help us out. You can't have your child be fatherless," she asserted, pushing my hand lightly away from her belly.

"You are carrying my child," I mumbled in a low voice.

"I know. But your girlfriend needs you more than I do," she replied as if it was nothing to her.

"She's not my girlfriend. We've already parted for two years already," I explained, trying to keep myself calm despite my hands trembling from irritation.

"She is. She said you've never broken up. So I am just a third party between the two of you. And I don't like that," she said.

"What? She didn't say that in the message," I asked in confusion.

"She called. She thought you were the one who picked up before I spoke up and she said a lot of things regarding the two of you and your child. She said she's extremely sorry for running away because she was afraid that you wouldn't accept the child. Then she lashed out when I spoke up saying you forgot to take your phone with you. She called me names and told me I was a b*tch. Well! It's understandable, since you both have a child together and you haven't had closure," she explained, furrowing her brows while looking at the window.

"You believe her?" I asked, clenching my fist against the seat in disbelief and horror.

I was sure that the child was not mine, but how can I prove to her that it wasn't mine?

I need to talk to my ex about this nonsense.

"I'll give you both the benefit of the doubt. I won't rule out any possibility of that child being yours," she replied.

My blood boils to the core as my body trembles with mixed emotion. I felt wronged, but I understood her reaction. I wanted to lash out, punch something, crash something, throw something, but I couldn't. She's pregnant, I don't want to stress her out any further.

I took a few deep breaths to keep myself calm before answering, "I know you don't trust me. I'll accept your proposition for the meantime, until I've proven that the child is not mine."

She didn't respond and turned around facing her back at me, so I drove quietly back to my apartment and had her sleep on the bed alone this time. I went out, leaving her alone after making sure she had a snack prepared in the kitchen and notes, reminding her about the meds and vitamins she needed to take according to the doctor's prescription.

I went to the nearest pub and sent a message to Carlo and the other boys. The others declined my sudden invitation, but Carlo came running like a fool.

I was already having my drink, alone at the table.

"Dude!" he greeted me as soon while catching his breath before sitting on the seat opposite to mine.

"Thanks for coming bro," I said as I pushed a bottle of booze to him.

"What's up?" he asked, waving at the server to order some snacks.

"I don't know, bro! Everything was messed up the moment I got back," I said while refilling my glass with ice.