Ch35 THE NAKED TRUTH

JIMIN

I slowly lifted my sleepy and lazy body from my bed when I heard a loud knock at the door, which woke me up from my deep sleep. The last thing I remember is that last night, while I was reading my wife's diary, I fell asleep with a wet face because I couldn't imagine how much I hurt her.

The knock continued, so I sat and pushed my hair off my forehead before standing up to get the door open.

"Mr. Park, I'm sorry to wake you up, but sir, Miss Minji is carrying her things with her and wanted to leave."

"Where is she now?"

"At the living room, sir, Mrs. Jeon is doing all she can to stop her."

"Thank you."

I thank the maid and walk down to the living room, not minding how I look like anymore. I bet this is all about what happened at the music room. I need to know what she wants me to do to get things back on track.

"Minji, what are you trying to do?"

"Im leaving."

"To where?"

"I'm going to find mom."

I felt guilty suddenly, it had been days since we found out about the truth, but I felt so stupid for not doing anything.

"Let's talk, I want to know what you want. Just give me a minute to wash up."

I left her and walked back to my room. I took a quick shower and got myself ready. I knew my daughter was still mad at me, which is why she wanted to leave the house. When I'm all done, I walk down, going to the music room where my wife hides her pain, the room that witnessed what my wife's has gone through. I sat in the chair and rested my arm on the table, which I believe my wife uses every time she writes in her diary. Minji is already sitting on the sofa, waiting. I look at her and her luggage, which is just beside her, and think she really wants to leave, but I can't just let her. She is the only thing I have left of her mother's unconditional love for me. I don't want to lose her like I lost her mom, and realizing that I was wrong is already too late.

"I'm sorry, Minji. I'm sorry for everything I've done wrong to your mom. But I also want you to listen to my side story. I didn't write it in a diary like your mom did, but I can tell you personally, so please give me time and listen."

She didn't say anything, she just covered her face with her hands before lowering her head. When she stays silent for about a minute, I take her action as a sign that she is now ready to hear my side.

It's true I was turned blind and didn't see her mother's love for me, but being blind only takes away your sight. Blindness won't make your feelings numb, and blindness won't make you deaf.

There are things I also hide from everyone, including her mother and especially myself. There are also things I knew were right but still denied, even to myself.

I guess it's also time for Minji to hear THE NAKED TRUTH on my part of the story.

.....END.....

Thank you to all my lovely readers, please wait for JIMIN and Y/N POV on Book2 after Sacrifice.