Ch25 HOW MUCH

JIMIN

It was a very busy day, with meetings held in different places as the investors requested. It was really tiring, but thank God it all went well. I successfully convinced them to invest, and that's the best part. My work problem is already solved, and now I need to face another problem once I get home.

When I reached home, I asked if Minji had already arrived, but Mrs. Jeon said not yet and that she was still on her way home. I went up to my room to freshen up while Minji was still out. I know I still owe her an explanation, but first I need her to calm down. If she is still mad, she can't get any answers to all her questions. I'm still her father, and whatever I've done in the past had a reason, but everything's already changed, even though it's late.

I had changed.

I guess.

"Mr. Park, Minji has arrived, and the table for dinner will be ready in 5 minutes."

"Okay, I'll be down in three, thank you."

I checked myself in the mirror for the last time and was about to walk out of my room when my eyes suddenly fell on the drawer of my nightstand.

I will be back later, and once I do, I will make sure to finish reading all the pages of my wife's diary. I want to know what's on my wife's heart and mind. I also want to know her reason for disappearing without saying anything.

I went down and saw Minji already munching on her food. She was supposed to wait for me before she started to eat.

'I will let you go this time, but don't get me to my limit.'

I sat opposite her and started eating too, and I stayed silent, waiting for her to start the conversation about her mom, but then until we finished our food, she didn't say a single word. After awhile, she stood up, and that was the only time she spoke when she wanted to leave the table first, so I let her be.

I went back to my room and stood at the balcony watching the view from the garden. I smile when I remember those nights I saw my wife down there late at night checking and talking to her plants. She always stays there while waiting for me to get home, but every time I arrive and know she's there, I always tell the maids not to let her know I'm home because I want to watch her from here.

When I was done mesmerizing the past, I decided to go and brush my teeth and prepare myself for the things I was about to read in my wife's diary. I know I was the bad guy on every page of her diary and in her life, but I want to know how bad I am as a husband.

And there's one more thing I wanted to know. I hope the answer is also written in her diary.

I want to know how much my wife loves me.

I open her diary and start to read at the page where I was last night before I fell asleep.