Ch24 HER SILENCE

JIMIN

My eyes never leave hers after I remain silent at my daughter's question. Her eyes were clouded with tears that she wanted to cry because of those things she had just come to know, but anger and hate made those tears not fall out of her eyes. She gave me a very sharp look before she walked out of the kitchen without saying a word. I closed my eyes, feeling disappointed in myself, before walking out of the kitchen and heading to my room.

I sat on the edge of my bed thinking about what had just happened. How did Minji find out about her mom's diary?

Then I just noticed I was holding it. I stared at the small, cute purple thing on my hand for so long that I didn't notice I was already smiling at it. After a minute or two, I stood up and shoved it in the drawer of my table beside my bed before going to take a shower, knowing that tomorrow would not be the same as it used to be. For sure, my daughter will not join me for breakfast tomorrow after everything that happened today.

After my shower, I went back to bed, ready to sleep, but then I remembered the book I shoved in my drawer. I take it out again and stare at it, debating whether I should read it or not. But because I'm curious about what's written on it, I end up opening it, and I was even more amazed by the inside of the purple note.

What got me more surprised was the photo of her showing her ink. It was so beautiful, and it shows what an asshole her husband is for not seeing it with his own eye.

I started reading it, and on every page she wrote, it made me a fucking jerk.

I wasted the time.

I was so engrossed in reading each page that I didn't realize I was falling asleep.

"Good morning, sir."

The maids greeted me as I entered the dining room. I greeted them back before I pulled up the chair so I could have a seat and sip on my coffee slowly while waiting for my daughter to come.

But 15 minutes had passed and she hadn't shown up yet in the dining room, so I decided to see her myself. It is no use to ask the other maids because, ever since she turned 10, she has stopped asking the maid to come and wake her up because she wanted to learn to wake up on her own.

When I reached her door, I stood there and called her name twice, but she didn't answer nor open the door. I tried to turn the doorknob of her room, but it was locked. I was a little annoyed and tried to call her by her full name with a little hint of anger in my voice, but still there was no answer, so I called for the maid and asked her to bring me the spare key to my daughter's room.

After a while, she came back with the key and handed it to me. Minji never locks her door, so I'm not used to this.

When I was about to insert the key into the keyhole, I was startled a bit when suddenly the door swung open.

"Minji, I've called you many times. Why aren't you answering?"

She didn't answer but just passed me, and I already knew this was all about what happened last night.

"Minji, let's have breakfast now."
You're getting late."

She turned to face me and gave me a very uninterested face.

"I will have it at school."

She then continued her journey out of the house. I didn't go after her and question her for her actions because I knew it would only worsen the situation.

Maybe I will just talk to her again tonight. I have to hurry too, or I will be late for my business meeting.

 I have to hurry too, or I will be late for my business meeting