Mate

Sandy, she's been gone for three years. You need to move on with your life. You can't keep dwelling in the past.

I can't just let her go like that.

Sandy, you have to. You can't just keep writing about her having little adventures. You need to move on.

Fine.

I've been dead for three years? I'm eighteen!!! I'm a damn adult now. That's freaky.

For seven days Briar endured her heat in the shed. Through it all Snow White stayed outside, never leaving. Having gone through her heat, she's matured now. A young adult female who needs to get a male to love and protect her. Once her heat had finished, Snow White regained his sanity and returned to what he was previously doing.

This is good, I think.

With Snow White's sanity back, I can now go outside again. It will feel so good to be able to eat and drink.

With this in mind I go outside and almost fall over in shock. There hanging on a branch is a beautiful dress.

 There hanging on a branch is a beautiful dress

Someone must have left this dress for me. "Thank you!" I yell in hopes of the original owner hearing.

This dress is perfect. I don't like dresses but this dress I like. I obviously won't be wearing it anytime soon, but it's still nice to have.

I bring it inside and hang it on the wall before going back outside. You won't believe what's now under where the dress was! Bs flowers. This is getting freaky.

"Thank you?" I announce as I pick up the flowers and sniff them. They smell normal, nothing out of the ordinary. I take a bite and they taste perfectly fine.

I'm not very hungry so I take the bs flowers instead put them with the smoked deer meat.

He thought I would abandon my work, ha! But this part is boring. Let's skip ahead to spring.

The snow melts and small blades of grass push through the soil. Flowers bloom and leaves unfurl. Birds sing their joyous songs and mother animals are having their young. It's a glorious time to be alive in the forest.

Throughout the whole winter, gifts appeared in front of my door. They were nothing big, usually a few berries or a cool stick. They were nothing exciting but I always said thank you anyway.

But with spring here, the gifts suddenly stopped. It's actually nice. That must mean my stalker has hopefully died. I don't need no musty ass stalker watching my every move. It's creepy as hell.

The dress I received as my first gift, I never ended up wearing. Most of my winter was spent in deer form except when I needed to eat meat. I'll wear it eventually, but not anytime soon.

I need to start working on that mate thing Sandy was talking about because apparently I need a male to love and protect me. Which is dumb because I've survived perfectly fine on my own.