Ending 1

"You can't look at me like that forever Briar." I don't listen and keep up my glare. I will never forgive him for what he's done.

"At least eat what I cooked for you." I eye up the food on my plate and it looks disgusting. Everything this man does is disgusting. I hate him. I hate everything about him, everything he does.

"No." I reply, crossing my arms across my chest in a small act of defiance. He lets out a frustrated sigh and turns back to cooking dessert.

"You'll never properly heal if you don't eat." I don't care. I have nothing to live for, so what does it matter if I heal properly or not?

While he's distracted I push the food from my plate to his. I poke it here and there to make it look like it's always been there.

He turns around with some kind of baked good on a spatula. He smiles when he sees my plate is empty. "Now was that so hard?" He asks, plopping the dessert on my empty plate.

I don't answer and glare at him instead. He ignores my glare and sits across from me.

Earlier this month he made a dining table and two chairs. It's a beautiful table and chair set. I like eating here versus his bedroom or the living room. When we eat in here he doesn't feed me and I can get away with slipping my food onto his plate.

We eat in an awkward silence. I mean he eats and I sit there and watch him, but you get my point.

I watch as he forks some sort of plant into his mouth. Between mouthfuls he says, "I've noticed you're losing weight. Is there something you've been meaning to tell me?"

"No."

"I noticed that you started losing weight after we started eating at the table. I wonder why that is?" He cocks a brow at me. I won't crack. I won't tell him I plan on wasting away until I ultimately die from lack of nutrition.

He goes back to quietly eating after that. He doesn't bring it up the rest of the meal. I even ate the dessert to stop him from suspecting me of not eating.

He washes the dishes and places them on the rack to dry. When he's done, he takes my hand in his and leads me into his bedroom.

He lets go and I go to change into pajamas. I don't bother covering up or telling him not to look when I strip naked. I simply don't care anymore.

I put on a knee length nightgown and wait for Bastion to give me the okay to crawl into bed.

He changes with his back to me, not wanting me to see his naked front. He's still being modest and waiting for our mating.

Once he's done changing he gives me the go ahead nod and I crawl under the covers. I don't lay down right away. I wait for Bastion to come over and fluff my pillow.

I've tried telling him that he doesn't need to do that every night, yet he insists that it's his duty as my mate to ensure that I'm comfortable and cared for at all times.

"Good night my darling."

"Good night."

I lay there staring at the ceiling for a long time thinking. Bastion snores away, oblivious to my internal musings.

A serious question won't leave my mind tonight and I decide that I need to know the answer.

"Wake up." I nudge the sleeping brute next to me. He continues steadily snoring. "Bastion, wake up." I give him a stronger nudge this time. Still nothing. I didn't want to do this but here goes nothing. "Love, wake up."

He stirs then and looks up at me sleepily. "What is it?"

"Wake up. I need to talk to you." That seems to sober him up a bit and he looks at me with more awareness.