Lacrosse

Katie's pov

The headteacher was showing me around the school but before I talk about that maybe I need to talk about what happened last night.

After I blacked out I don't remember anything, I woke up in my bed in the morning and there was no bite in my shoulder. I think it was all just a dream but then again my car was exactly where I left it so that parts real. I think maybe I just don't remember coming home because there no way what happened to me last night was real.

The teacher showed me to my locker and left. I had to make up a password with 6 digits so I did my mum's birthday: 24/09/84.

I went to my first class but before I arrived I saw a poster that caught my eye. It was a lacrosse poster. It said tryouts were today after school. I pulled my phone out and took a picture of the poster. I never played lacrosse but I'll do my research as the day goes on.

___

It was lunch now and this was going to be the interesting one. I had no friends and no where to sit but at this point I'm used to being alone. I'd been on my own ever since I moved here, my boss Matilda Greenberg was the one who helped me find an affordable place to live in the first place. Other wise I'd probably be homeless right about now.

I sat down at an empty bench doing research about lacrosse, the game sounded pretty easy, violent for sure. That's when I heard a noice. I looked up to see that it was the guy I made eye contact with earlier while the teacher was showing me around. He has curly brown hair and an incredibly pretty face. He was a fair bit taller than me too. He wore a whit t-shirt and black jeans with a burgundy jacket.

"Hey," he said as he took his place opposite me. "I'm Issac, Isaac Lahey." He said putting his hand out for me to shake. He had a cute smile one his face as-well.

"Hey, I'm Katie Turner." I said shaking putting my phone down and shaking his hand. That's the moment I noticed I could hear his heart beat. What the hell was going on? I could hear what the people miles away were talking about.

"Cristian broke up with me last night" the girl said
"Oh my god. Let's go smash up his car at the end of the day and then I'll take you to a club and find cute rich guys to have sex with." The second one said.
"Omg I wanna join in, I haven't had sex in ages! Justin is so bad at sex he doesn't even know where to put it." Said the third girl in a screechy voice.

I chuckled to myself before freaking out again. I could hear people chewing there food and it was horrible. I cringed and released Isaacs hand. "Hey you don't look too good, why don't we go somewhere quieter?" He asked. Ignoring the fact he knew it was the noice level I stood up and followed him to an empty classroom. It still felt like it should have been more quite than it was.

We sat in that classroom and ate lunch together. That's when I knew something to talk about. "Isaac?" I say "I saw this poster in the hallway for lacrosse, I was thinking about attending tryouts but I actually don't know a lot about the game. Do you know anything?"

Isaac laughed softly, he gave me a smile and slightly raised his eyebrows. For the rest of the time we spoke about lacrosse. It sounded like an interesting game. I was 100% gonna try out for the team.

___

After school I made my way to the girls locker room but it was empty. The only other person in there was this black haired girl. She had beautiful brown eyes and wasn't wearing a shirt. She was stood there in a black bra while pulling a white t-shirt on over it. She was the only other girl trying out for the team. "Hey, is this where I come for lacrosse try outs? That's what I read on the poster."

"Oh yeah! Finally I won't be the only girl on the the team anymore. Im Kira by the way. Let me go get you some kit." With that Kira ran off to a different room. Since when do changing rooms have showers now? God I might use that sometimes my shower at home is a pain in the balls.

Kira came running back in with a smile handing me my kit. "Thanks Kira, I'm Katie by the way, Katie Turner." When I saw this her eyes widen like she already knows who I am but she tried to cover it as best as she good.

After we got ready Kira walked me to the lacrosse field and she gave me tips. She said use being one of the only female players to my advantage. She once scored a goal all because the goalie was too busy admiring her which I completely understand, she's stunning!

"Welcome to lacrosse try outs! All spots are open, including captain this year!" I assumed it was the coach speaking as he had a whistle around his neck. I aced it at tryouts! I caught every ball that came my why, i scored every goal I shot and when I was goalie I didn't let a single ball get past me. I obviously was the fastest runner there as-well.

"Katie is that you?" I hear I familiar masculine voice say.

"Isaac?" I say turning around to face him. "Hey! Omg it's so nice to see a familiar face!"

"Are you doing anything after school?" There's a small party at my friends boat house. I was wondering if you'd like to come." He asks. I've never been to a party before. When I was younger I went to a couple of birthdays but there was never a big party.

"I'd love ti but my car broke down so I can't get-"

"I'll drive you." He cuts in. Now he's making extremely hard to say no.

"Then sure"

"What's your address I'll pick you up at 5:00pm" he says. But I don't want him to know where I live, it's embarrassing! I want him to think I'm a normal teenager with a normal family.

"Can you pick me up at the café instead please? Oh and if you think I'm wearing a dress you'd be mistaken."

"Okay then. See you then! Enjoy the rest of tryouts." He said before winking and running off back to the rest of the team. I followed him back. He ran off to two other guys who kept looking at me. Okay what is this all about? There's no way that this is just a party.

______________________________

Words count - 1173