Chapter Fifty-Eight

Start bij het begin

(Y/n)'s POV
My head is pounding, my throat is hurting, my stomach is turning, and my nose is running — its safe to say that I am a mess.

I had my back facing the door, when I heard it open, I groaned in annoyance, "Anakin please," I covered my face with the thick blanket that still had his scent in it from when he sat with me earlier today, "I promise I'm fine, I just want to rest."

"Sorry to disturb you my dear. I heard you were not feeling well and I wanted to come and see how you are doing," A voice spoke, one not belonging to who I thought it was.

I sat up in my bed and faced my visitor, "Chancellor?" I furrowed my brows, confused on why the leader of the republic was here, visiting me, "I'm sorry, I'm not very presentable right now." I covered my chest to hide my pajamas and bowed my head.

I'm not a fan of the Chancellor, something about him has always rubbed me the wrong way. But I was raised to hold respect for my superiors, which is why I was being so cordial, "No need to worry about that," He waved his hand in dismissal, "I'm merely here to leave a gift for you," He walked over near my bed and placed a small box on my nightstand, "A get well gift, of sorts."

I didn't grab it. In order to do that I would have had to scoot closer to him, but my body advised against it. So I remained in the same position with my knees to my chest and my blanket covering most of me, "That's very kind of you, thank you." Jedi get sick all the time, what makes me so different? Why is he bringing me a gift? I know it's not a thing he does often. This is the first time I have even seen him in this building in all my years here.

It was odd, but I wasn't going to let it eat away at me. I could just be overthinking and he was simply trying to be nice.. he is close to Anakin after all — who no doubt is the one who told him I was sick.

The Chancellor nodded with a smile, flickering his eyes between the box and I. He was waiting for me to open it. So with a quiet sigh of defeat to myself, I scooted to the left side of the bed to get closer and grabbed the box. I took the lid off and pulled out a trinket I had never seen before, "I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but what is this for?"

His smile widened and he placed his hands behind his back, "It is meant to keep away any and all nightmares. To fill your nights with dreams — sweet dreams."

"Oh, how thoughtful," I've heard of these before, dream catchers is what I believe they're called. I eyed it's red and black strings and feathers and beads before placing it on my headboard, "Thank you, fingers crossed it works." I joked with a light chuckle.

"I assure you my dear, it will," His smile widened even more and I didn't think that was possible. It was creepy and a little unsettling. But I held my own smile so he wouldn't know how uncomfortable his awkward presence has made me. Especially since he hasn't given me an actual reason to feel uncomfortable, he only brought me a gift, "I'll go and let you rest now, but please do not hesitate to reach out if you ever need anything."

"I appreciate that Chancellor Palpatine, thank you again for the gift."

"Of course," He nodded and exited, finally I was alone.

I sighed to myself and sniffled as I looked at the trinket. Maybe he isn't so bad, maybe it's all in my head, "Let's see if you work," I lightly touched the feathers. I scooted down under the blankets and closed my eyes with a deep breath of content.