Chapter 60: Jimmy POV

Start from the beginning

I nodded, wiping the tears from my face again, steadying my breathing. "Thanks." I said, once I had calmed down enough to speak.

"Hey, it's what big sisters are for." She said with a small smile. "I came to see if you wanted to come down to the apothecary with me to see Joel."

"Yeah- Yeah I'll come." I said, nodding along as I spoke, my voice leveling out now instead of shaking.

"Scott's going to be there, are you going to be okay?" she asked, frowning again slightly, her expression laced with concern.

"I'll be fine." I said after a moment, putting much more confidence than I felt into my voice. "I'll be fine..."

"Alright." Lizzie said, standing back up and brushing her jeans off. "Be ready in ten, I'll be waiting in the entrance hall." She shot me a smile before getting up and leaving, shutting the door behind her.

I exhaled quietly to myself, before getting to my feet, massaging a few bruises on my torso from the battle a few days previously. I went over to a dresser filled with clothes Katherine had provided me, opening the drawer, and throwing a few articles of clothing on my bed, before retreating to the bathroom. Katherine had also ensured me and Lizzie both had bathroom, because of our whole dehydrating problem.

I brushed my teeth quickly, before washing my face, erasing any remnants of tears from my cheeks. I glanced up at my reflection in the mirror. I looked exhausted. But so did the rest of us, so it didn't really bother me much. I dabbed at my face with a towel to dry it off before heading back into the main room and changing.

Before I left, I pulled on a forest green letterman type jacket. It had been chilly for summer considering... I kept it unbuttoned though because the collar dug into my neck uncomfortably.

I left my room quickly, jogging down the winding staircases and clean hallways of the House Blossom castle to get to the entrance hall. My room was situated on one of the higher floors.

When I got there, Lizzie was waiting for me. "Let's go." She said, smiling at me and gesturing out the archway.

We began to walk down the pathway down the hill the castle was perched on, down towards the apothecary. It was pretty chilly out, a light frost covering the ground, getting heavier the closer we got to our destination. Soon, ice was crunching beneath out feet, and I pulled my jacket tighter around me from the chilly breezes. The apothecary was even worse, icicles hanging from the edges of the roof, the windows frosted over.

The corners of my mouth twitched into a frown, but I still approached the door, rapping my knuckles sharply against the wood.

It took a minute, but after a moment, the door swung open. Katherine stood behind it, wearing a pink blouse with flower embroidery along the edges.

"Oh! Hello." She said. "Sorry- I was expecting Gem. Come in!" She said, opening the door all the way and stepping out of the way so we could enter the building. The room was freezing, despite the temp being turned up to 75 degrees. "Be careful, the floor is...icy." Katherine said, glancing over to the left wing of the room, blocked from my vision by a wall that helped form the entrance.

"It's okay." I answered, Lizzie following me inside. Lizzie gave Katherine a friendly wave before striding straight around the wall. I followed her to see her walking quickly to Joel who lay on the other side of the room.

I followed her quickly across the room, my eyes flicking to Scott sitting in a plastic chair next to Erin's bed, his arms crossed as he stared down at the sheets. He hadn't even acknowledged me and Lizzie entering the room.