Chapter 24: Scott POV

I hit the ground hard and rolled across it before I stood up on the other end of the valley.

The ice that had formed on impact really added some dramatic flair. I raced into the sea of human soldiers and the ground froze under my feet. My sword cut down soldiers like they were nothing. Frost exploded out of me and blasted people in every direction. So, this was what it was like to be powerful.

I heard the dragons roar above me, I just hoped that was Erin murdering them and not them eating her. I heard the flap of wings overhead and a dragon's shadow flew right over me. Then it landed in front of me.

Soldiers were running in every direction to avoid the dragon, meanwhile I couldn't take my eyes off its face. Smoke curled out of its nostrils, and I could feel the heat radiating off its orange scales. Someone slid from the saddle. Gem.

I clenched my jaw. The arm wielding my sword was shaking. I wasn't tired or scared. I was angry.

The dragon took off leaving me and Gem standing there. She had a bruise growing on the side of her face. "Scott, don't do this." Gem said quietly.

"Don't. Do. What?" I asked in a low voice.

"Just come back with us! We- we can help you!" Gem pleaded. "Don't hurt anyone else."

My face contorted in rage. "YOU THINK I WANT TO HURT PEOPLE?" I shouted. "I LEFT because I hurt YOU. I LEFT because I didn't want to hurt anyone else! It's your own fault we're back. Why couldn't you have left us alone? None of this would have happened if you had just let us be! WHY AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!?" I felt tears streak down my face and freeze but I didn't care much at the moment.

"Your overwhelmed and confused, please listen to us!" Gem cried.

"I'M NOT THE ONE WHO'S CONFUSED!" I charged her and slammed her against the earthy wall of a mountain, pinning her by the neck. "I know exactly what I'm doing." I watched the frost from my hand started to creep up her throat.

"S-Scott." She choked, but I ignored her. Then something hard hit the side of my head. A sudden ringing exploded in my ear and before I knew it, I was blasted sideways to the left. Someone screamed, I think it was me. The right side of my head felt hot and sticky, the ringing remained in my ear. I think I had dropped my sword, but right now I couldn't move.

I managed to open my eyes; I was staring at the stormy sky. I felt the side of my head. It was covered in blood, and it was agony to move my arm. But I gritted my teeth and staggered up. The blood on my hand started to crystalize and freeze. I didn't know blood could freeze but apparently it could.

My right eye's vision had become blurred, but I saw Fwhip, holding up Gem. By the looks of it, she was gasping for air. Fwhip had tried to blow me up. It was a miracle I was alive; it must have been one of his low-grade bombs.

Fwhip must have thought it had killed me or he would have been straight over here to finish me off. I saw my sword laying on the ground and I took my chance. I sprinted towards Gem and Fwhip, grabbing my sword on the way. Then I drove my sword through Fwhip's upper arm.

Fwhip screamed and I withdrew my sword, backing up a few feet. Fwhip stared at me through wild eyes. "How are you alive?" He asked, his voice shaking.

"Strong willpower I guess." I growled. It was strange, I could barely hear my own voice from the ringing in my ear. I felt Gem staring at the right side of my face, but I completely ignored her.