"Don't scare me like that!" I slapped her arm while trying to wipe tea off my chin.

For a brief moment, my mind was filled with images of a depressed bunny, Jin trying his best to cheer him up after his alpha left him.

"Nah, I went back to the shelter and they had some new arrivals. I took Rose as well so she could help me choose. There was this really cute cat hybrid, even Rose liked her, but she was so shy." Lisa tapped the side of her cup as she stared off into space.

"Well... what happened?"

"We spoke to the worker, and she said that she was surrendered to the shelter. Apparently her owners were moving overseas and didn't want to take her." Lisa sighed.
"Her name is Jennie, and Rose seemed to bring her out of her shell a little, but we're going to do a few more visits before we decide on anything."

Poor thing. Another hybrid left behind by their family. Quite similar to Jin and his pack now that I think about it.

"When are you going to go back?" I asked her.

"Probably tomorrow. I want her to get used to seeing us, and get comfortable around us. I feel like I already know she's a good fit, but I don't want to just spring it on her when I tell her I'd like to adopt her, you know?"

I hummed in agreement with my friend. That was nice of her to do that.

"Maybe we can set up Jennie with another one of the guys too..." I commented nonchalantly as I sipped my tea.

"Woah, woah, woah! Calm RIGHT down! You're not taking BOTH of my precious babies away!" Lisa looked ready to fight.

"I-I'm just ki-idding!" I snorted out between giggles. "Jennie's not even yours yet! And what do you mean 'taking'? I love Rose and all, but I absolutely cannot take on any more hybrids. I might actually die."

"Yeah, so you should just hand Joonie over to me, and when we find out who Jennie is interested in- OW!" I slapped her again, willing away the image of the depressed bunny once more.

"Okay okay fine! No one's taking anyone. Truce?" Lisa bargained.

I accepted her outstretched hand, giving it a firm shake. I'm not sure how we managed to entertain ourselves like this for so long, but I guess that's just how we were.
Our truce was interrupted with the front door slamming open.

"So I go inside my home, after a long morning of work, to give my Felix a cuddle, and what do I find?" Jisoo stomps over to us at the kitchen bench, dumping her bag on the floor as she went.
"My poor cat, held hostage by, not 1, not 2, but EIGHT HYBRIDS!"

"Hi Jisoo-"

"And I couldn't even get close to him! I took two steps inside, realised that I was disowned by my own hybrid, and walked right back out! Not even Rose came up to give me a hug!"

"Did you have a good mornin-"

"She was too busy getting all snuggly with wolf boy. Surely she can't like him more than me already? We were besties!"

Lisa and I looked at each other briefly before letting out a girly shriek. Rose and Namjoon were getting snuggly!

"Anyway, since I don't work Sundays I will be drowning my sorrows with liquor. Y/N, where's your wine?" Jisoo asked as she started opening the cupboards.

"Good to see you too!" I laughed at her dramatics. "It's the cupboard above the sink."

Jisoo successfully found said wine, and the three of us decided to enjoy ourselves. We made the excuse that we were celebrating me getting a new job, so it was totally fine to go through a bottle or two.