N I N E T E E N

Comment and vote!🫶🏽

Omniscient POV

One month later...

"So there's several different arrangements you can choose from since you're going with all white flowers. Many different flowers will be in season since your wedding is in April. Of course you have the classic white roses, those will definitely be on the more expensive side since they are very popular around that time. If you want the same look but a lower price, I recommend ranunculus flowers, they have that same layered look that roses have, but they bloom a bit wider." The florist was going on and on about the different types of flowers available.

The couple looked through the pages of the catalog in front of them. Carefully taking note of which flowers they liked, which they didn't. As one could guess, Normani was a bit stressed about making the right choice and Y/n was overwhelmed from all the options. Both maintaining their poker faces so they would worry the other.

When she was tired of staring at pages, Normani would skillfully sneak a stare at her lover. She loved the way she looked so focused on. The crease in her brow showed the intensity of her concentration. Whenever the florist would say something Normani assumed Y/n thought was interesting, or ridiculous, she would raise her eyebrow and mumble a quiet "Hmm" before continuing to look at the pictures in front of them.

Unbeknownst to Normani, when the mundaneness of their session would get to Y/n, she would sneak a look at Normani. Y/n admired the childlike wonder her face would illuminate with whenever she'd see something she'd like. Thankfully, the lovers had come up with a system to alert the other when they needed a break without alerting those around them. Normani hadn't used her signal just yet, and though the two weren't touching, Y/n could sense that Normani may need a break soon. She decided to be the scapegoat this time and tapped Normani's thigh underneath the table twice. Normani looked up with relief in her eyes and nodded before she spoke up.

"I hate to interrupt but do you mind if we take a quick break to get some water?"

"Not at all! Take as much time as you need!" the florist replied enthusiastically. She was probably tired of giving the same old speech she always gives to couples.

Normani and Y/n walked to the waiting area and gathered at the water fountain in the corner to debrief their last 27.5 minutes.

"Thank god we came up with that signal. I don't know if I could have sat through another 15 minutes of the difference between peonies and lilies." Normani sighed as she sipped her water.

"You and me both. An entire section on baby's breath flowers? Who knew they could even be arranged that many different ways?" Y/n shook her head in disbelief. As much as she'd been to the florist in the past year buying flowers for her fiancé, she never knew there were this many options.

"I know right? Did you see any you liked though? I know I did."

"I did, I really like the white roses of course. That's our thing. I also really liked the long stem flower arrangements, especially in the pictures where they lined the aisle with the flowers and candles. It was like an enchanted forest but not too fantastical you know?" Y/n sipped her water

"I liked those a lot too. I think I also might want to change the dress code a bit. I like the formal feel but since we decided to have the ceremony earlier, that pushes everything back some hours. So what do you think about doing a more formal cocktail attire?"

"That's not a bad idea. Especially since it'll be outdoors. We'll have the glass canopy in case of the rain but it may be hot that day if it doesn't rain so, the cocktail attire will be a good fit. You seemed a bit overwhelmed while we were looking at everything though. How you feeling?" Y/n intertwined her fingers with Normani's and pulled her close and planting a kiss on her forehead. Normani's face lit up with a smile, appreciating her lovers attention to her.