N I N E

Comment and vote!

Normani POV

3 days later...

Restless, afraid, furious, useless. All of these feelings and mixed emotions are running through me like a truck. Mind, body, and soul numb to my current situation. Is it loss? Could you even call it loss if we don't know where... don't know who... how? So many questions plague my thoughts, not allowing a moment of silence to creep in. The only silence I've chosen to allow is the lack of words I've spoken. It's been days and I can't seem to say anything ever since I found what was left of.. what I've been forced to hold onto from that night.

Numb

I haven't been able to leave either. One second I'm being probed and prodded by the detectives trying to get me to convince them why I'm not the one who did this to her.

Afraid

My thoughts fall into a vicious cycle of believing she's still alive and giving into the odds of her pulling through. I can't give up on her. Not like this. I wish she knew how much I believe she can make it back home to me.

Furious

I hate myself for leaving her home alone. I hate myself for not being there to save her. I hate myself for feeling like there's more I could've done. I hate that I know her first and last thought were to protect me when I couldn't do the same.

Useless

What can I do? How can I help? Everything will be okay... How? Where do we start looking? Where. Is. Spade. Why did she act now? I'm not giving up until I find her.

Eventually I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear the doorbell ring and my heart drops knowing it won't be Y/n. I make my way to the door and find Megan standing there with a duffel and some food.

"H-hi." I whisper the first word I've spoken in days. My voice sounds exhausted from sobbing. My lungs are too weak to make my voice any louder. Megan offers me a sad smile, the gravity of her sadness pulls my tears from my eyes, staining my cheeks, causing me to lose my poker face.

Almost immediately, she drops everything into a tight hug. This is the safest I've felt in days.

"Hey Mani." she rubs my back as I let out silent sobs, clutching onto her for dear life as if she were about to be taken away too. "I'm gonna stay here with you for a few days okay? Doja will be here soon too."

"T-thank you." I reply, knowing I could use the company right now. I take a deep breath as my sobs calm into sniffles. "Come in, I'll show you to a room and set one up for Doja too."

After she settles her things into her room, Doja is at the door soon. As I greet her with a hug, we cry into each other's arms. I can only imagine how she feels right now, Y/n is her best friend. She's even become someone I can reach out to when I want to hangout or get a good laugh. "Hey Mani, how are you feeling?" she breaks the silence.

"You mean when I don't feel, numb? Angry, scared, worried, useless. You?"

"You summed me up pretty much everything I could and couldn't explain." we both chuckle as I lead her to the room she'll be staying in. She sets down her things and we head over to Megan's room so they can greet each other.

"What if we all eat something? I got some hibachi chicken and shrimp, and I know neither of you have eaten in the last few days." Megan asks.

"Hey I've eaten!" I lie.

"Mani... I love you, but no you haven't. Nary a pot in this house has been touched and I know you haven't left because I have your location too." Megan raises her eyebrow and chuckles.