²², MOTOR-INCIDENT

Start from the beginning

Rowan looked over to see the pack playing with each other near the edge. "It is indeed."

"Yeah, him and his cult." Jacob sneered, causing the witch to roll her eyes.

Paul and Embry pushed Jared off of the cliff as one of them howled, scaring Bella enough to swerve the truck and jump out as soon as it parked. "Oh my god. Did you see that?"

Jacob and Rowan chuckled at Bella's response, knowing that none of them were truly in danger. They followed her at the end of the road in hopes of calming her down.

"Don't worry, Bella. All is good. They're just cliff diving." Rowan explained.

"Mhm, scary as hell but a total rush." Jacob added.

"A rush?" She asked. Rowan raised her eyebrows, hoping that she wasn't thinking what she thought she was.

"Most of us jump from lower down." Jacob said, "We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples."

"You have some kind of beef with him or something?" Bella questioned.

"I don't know. They just think they run this place." He told her, "Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids. Now look at him."

"That's Embry?" Bella asked.

"Yeah."

"What happened to him?"

"He missed some school. Then, all of a sudden, he started following Sam around like a little puppy." Jacob explained, "Same thing happened with Paul and Jared. Sam keeps giving me this look. Like he's waiting for me or something. It's kinda starting to freak me out."

What Jacob had said began to make Rowan question why exactly Sam was starting to pay more attention to him in the first place. She knew of Jacob's bloodline, and how prominent the wolf gene was in it. She knew of his grandfather once being a werewolf as well.

But for an unknown reason, Rowan hadn't truly thought of how likely it could be that he may turn. She was secretly scared of what might've happened if he encountered a vampire, and if he did ever phases, how different of a person he would become.

"Well you should just avoid him." Bella said to Jacob.

"I try." He told her honestly.

Bella then turned towards the Rowan. "Hey, don't Sacha and Vanessa hang out with them?"

"Yeah, they do actually." Rowan said matter-of-factly, "And so do I."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't." Jacob interjected.

"Maybe, you shouldn't be so quick to judge them." She retorted, "They're not so bad, you know."

"Yeah, okay."

* * *

Once the three had gotten to a secluded area that had enough space for the bikes, Bella had immediately began to prepare to mount one of them. The eagerness caused Rowan to become quite worried that she wouldn't be very safe with it, especially with previous knowledge of what had happened prior during a certain "girls night."

"Okay." Bella said, mounting herself onto the motorcycle.

"You look scared." Jacob told her.

"I'm not." She responded.

"Alright." He mused, holding on to a part of the motorcycle. "Break?"

"That one." Bella said, moving her hand.

"Clutch?" Jacob continued to quiz her. "Good. Gas? Ready? Now slowly release the clutch."

Bella did as he said for a quick moment, but came to an abrupt halt with an unreadable expression on her face. Rowan stepped forward in a protective stance.

"Woah, Bella." Rowan spoke, "Are you alright?"

"I wanna go again." She told them. And before the others could retort, she was already heavily speeding away.

It was already apparent that the pace was too fast, and Jacob grew concerned. "Hit the break!"

"Bella, hit the break!" Rowan said as well.

The motorcycle swayed and teetered before colliding with a rock, and Bella flew forward into a larger one. Rowan quickly looked  towards Jacob who was already mounting the other bike. And as if she knew what he was about to tell her, she hopped on as well and held on to him as they zoomed towards Bella.

"I want to go again." Bella whispered once they approached her.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed, Bella?" Rowan practically shouted.

"Yeah, forget it. No more bikes." Jacob agreed.

"Oh gods, look at your head." Rowan pointed at the blood on Bella's forehead.

She raised her hand to touch it. "Ow. Oh my god, I'm sorry."

Jacob smiled. "You're apologizing for bleeding?"

The witch looked at Bella to make aware of how  greatly the Cullen vampires traumatized her. That she shouldn't have apologized for something as natural as blood just because vampires were unnatural predators.

"Yeah, I guess I am." Bella sighed.

"It's just blood, Bella. No big deal." Jacob told her. He soon after began to take his shirt off, which came to a surprise for Rowan.

"I... I-" She stuttered, watching as he placed it on the bleeding girl's head. "Okay."

"Okay what?" Jacob asked her with confusion, before noticing that she was looking at his chest. He attempted to hide his flush.

"Nothing."  Rowan lied, switching her gaze to Bella. "I'll fix it up for you later." She whispered with a wink, knowing that Bella would understand what she was referring to.