²², MOTOR-INCIDENT

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter twenty-two; Motor-incident
" It's just blood, Bella. No big deal. "

THE MOTORCYCLES WERE finally completed only less than a month later

THE MOTORCYCLES WERE finally completed only less than a month later. The swiftness came as a surprise, especially due to Rowan's reluctance to help with oils and rust. But the bikes weren't the only things that had changed over the course of the few weeks; Embry had phased for the first time.

The result of Embry leaving the group consisting of him, Quil, and Jacob, had left a quiet atmosphere at the reservation. It was quite obvious that Jacob was confused and upset, undoubtedly feeling betrayed that one of his best friends had deserted him for another group of which he couldn't stand.

He tried his best to act as if he was unbothered, but Rowan knew better. It hurt her to not be able to tell him what was truly happening and how Embry didn't abandon him, but she respected orders.

"So Quil keeps asking to come over. I think he likes you a little too much." Jacob said to Bella as the three walked out of his garage.

"Oh. Well, I'm really not into the whole cougar thing. You know?" Bella said, giggling.

"What's up with you and age?" He asked, "I mean how old was that Cullen guy, anyway?"

The question very much so gave her grievance, as her smile had faded while getting into her truck. Rowan gave Jacob a dirty look, following suit towards the car.

"What?"

* * *

The next day, Bella had picked up her younger friends to go for a test drive with the bikes. They had driven further down the reservation, and Rowan was starting to feel squished between Bella and Jacob. Adjusting herself with a small, swift movement, she mistakenly put her hand on Jacobs leg.

"Sorry." She apologized sheepishly, moving her arm.

"Don't be sorry." He blushed, looking over at Bella to avoid eye contact with Rowan. "If I told you I couldn't fix these bikes, what would you have said, Bella?"

"Are you doubting your mad skills?" Bella teased.

"No, definitely not. I mean they'll run fine." He responded.

"I don't expect anything less from my favorite mechanic." Rowan smiled at him. Jacob's blush returned.

"If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes, I would say that's really too bad but... that we're just gonna have to find something else to do." Bella said, returning to the previous question before getting distracted by the nearby cliffs. "Is that Sam Uley?"