•Chapter 37•

Nightmare's POV

"Who the hell are you?!" Cross exclaims in shock, and both he and Night stare at Nightmare.

'Nightmare.'

"That... does not make sense," Cross replies as he looks at Night then at Nightmare repeatedly back and forth until Error speaks up.

"Who- have you guys gone mad? Who are you guys talking to?" Error replies, his face having a disgruntled expression on it

"A ghost. That looks like a skeleton. And says that he's Nightmare," Cross replies.

"Why... why do you have my name?" Night speaks up. And when Nightmare and Night lock eyes, they both freeze.

Nightmare felt a synergy. Like he was Night but also wasn't. He knew the person in front of him but also didn't.

When Cross waves his hand in front of Night, Night snaps out of the trance, including Nightmare, and speaks, "Cross. It happened to me."

"What happened?!" Error exclaimed, worried looking back and forth to Night and the place he was staring at (Where Nightmare was floating).

"Wha-!?" Cross supplied in agreement, "Are you ok, Nightmare?"

"Cross. That thing. You felt when you bumped into the skeleton that looked like you. You said that it was like you knew them, but also didn't. I felt that too,"

Cross looks uncertainly at Nightmare and back to Night, this going on for 10 more seconds until he speaks up again, "But that was a living being. This is a ghost. And ghosts can be alive unless they have a host-slash-are connected to someone," Cross looks at Night, "Their host has to be by them- so how-? I don't even understand-"

'It's complicated,' spoke Nightmare, cutting Cross off, 'I am alive, but at the same time, I'm not, so these limitations don't work on me.'

"O...K... so why are you here... other me..?" Night spoke, uncertain.

Nightmare spoke, 'Well, my sibling wants to make a treaty with you as well, as they have a plan to restore the balance of this multiverse.'

"Multiverse? Sibling?" Night repeats, confused.

'I don't have much time to explain but when you meet with my sibling, they'll be able to. Come to the library that's a bit outside of Starcross village, where Cross just came from. We are not an enemy, I can promise you this, as well as my sibling truly does want to help your situation. They are too nice.'

"But that doesn't give us any answers!" Cross exclaims, slightly frustrated.

'I know, I'm sorry. If you want to know, come to the library. Please trust me,' at this, Nightmare looks at Night with a pleading look in his eye sockets as his time runs out, and as he disappears, the last 6 words he hears from the other group immediately (Night) is,

"Fine, we'll trust you this once."

~~~

"Nightmare should be coming back anytime now, right?" Cross speaks up as he teleports you both back home after visiting a slightly negative Au.

You sigh, feeling slightly better, and put that magic into your reserves, not using it up immediately so that if needed, you could have a final burst of magic power when needed in an emergency situation.

"Yeah, I hope everything went well," you spoke, slightly worried.

'He's fine, don't worry,' Corrupt says as he rolls his eye light.

You give a small smile, "Yeah, all's good. Sure," then at that moment, you see Nightmare fade in right beside you, and you worry over the skeleton, "Did everything go well? Everything ok?"