Chapter 18

I opened my front door when i got home and all my emotions took over. I collapsed with my back against the front door and i started to cry my eyes out.

I calmed down after a couple of minutes but my head was still leant against the door. I was disturbed by 2 slight knocks on the door so i wiped away the remaining tears and opened it.

Unbelievable. There he was. I was embarrassed as he clearly noticed my bright red eyes from crying. He tried to lean in to hug me but i pushed him away defensively.

"What do you want" i said my voice breaking

"To see you" he had guilt all over his face

"Fvck off" i tried to slam the door but he stopped me and stepped back.

"Please" he started in a soft tone i stepped out and the front door closed behind me

"Don't you dare come over to my house and try that innocent 'im sorry' act because its not going to work!" I soon realized it was pouring with rain after my clothes started to stick to my body.

"Please listen Adriana" his voice was breaking now too.

"What excuse could you possibly have Neymar?" i opened my arms out in a questioning way.

"I was drunk, i was drunk and i didn't know what i was doing" I'm pretty sure there were tears but it could've been rain. I knew he was making up excuses.

"Ohhh" i said laughing with no humour. "Right yes you were drunk that makes everything you did ok" I stepped closer to him. "Tell me the real reason Neymar"

"What?" he said breathing heavily

"Tell me! Tell me why you said all those things about me. It hurt. Its hurts." i practically shouted

"Its because of her! The girl on my lap...she was- she was my ex and she's bad for me. She makes act in ways which always end up hurting other people. I know what i said is inexcusable and I'm so sorry. I like you so much Adi. Please."

He was now crying...a lot.....so was i. He grabbed me and wiped the water dripping down my face away.

I stepped back. "Blaming the ex now are we?" i scoffed.

"Leave me alone Neymar" i said walking to my front door i slammed it and heard him walk away a couple of seconds later and i also heard what seemed like him kicking his tyre.

neymar pov

I kicked my tyre out of frustration. Why have i done this? I need her, i want her. I didn't realize how lucky i was to have her by my side until she wasn't.

What i said was true. My ex, Bruna, was forcing drinks down my throat and made me say horrible things. I didn't realize in the moment but when i saw Adi storm off in the club i realized exactly what i had done.

Lio told me what happened with her in his house earlier and all i felt was guilt. I knew she needed her space so i drove away.

I will make it up to her, all i have done since i met her is hurt her. Maybe i should just stay away.*

*

We had a game in a couple of days against Real Madrid so i had to put all my focus into football. Lio had told me Adriana wasn't coming to training but she was coming to the match.

I was glad i didn't have to see her face to face, I knew it would make me feel horrible.

*

Before i knew it, it was the day of the match. We were all pumped and determined to win. I arrived in the bus with the team.

There was nerve in the air but we all ignored it, i was the last into the changing room.

As i was taking my shirt off i saw Lionel's phone flash up with her name. It read something about her being outside and he walked out.

As he opened the door slightly to walk out i saw a glimpse of her through the door.

She was beautiful, her hair was in a loose/messy high ponytail and she had a PSG jersey with what im assuming had Messi on the back. From what i saw she had shorts on but then the door shut.

I put my focus back onto getting changed and preparing myself for the game.

Adriana pov

Lio came out

"Hey!!!" i smiled at him

"Sis!" he said while crushing me in a hug and i started to pretend i was choking and he let me go.

"Good luck!! You're gonna do great" I said

"Thanks, i hope you will be cheering for me" He said raising and eyebrow which made me laugh.

I turned around to reveal his name on the back of the PSG jersey i was wearing.

"Perfect" He said grinning.

"I've gotta go get my seat but ill see you later yeah?" I asked

"Yeah" He said giving me a thumbs up as i walked away.

Luckily, Antonela (Lio's wife) and Carol (Marquinhos' wife) had invited me to watch the game with them which i was grateful for. I finally found them and their faces lit up when they saw me.

"Adriana, you made it!" Carol said

"Of course" I smiled brightly and sat down next to Antonela.

*

The game started and mine and Antonelas usual screaming began. We screamed at the ref whenever he did something against PSG, i mean....its fun.

A few minutes before half time the ball hit the net. It was Neymar. The crowd erupted and i just smiled and clapped, i mean at least it was a goal.

My heart dropped as he scanned through the crowd and spotted me. The big screen put the camera on his face and i saw sadness in his eyes even though the stadium was going crazy.

Before any of us could react he got tackled by his teammates who were celebrating.

*

The game was over at 90 minutes at 1-0. We all ran down to the team to celebrate with them. We spotted them all heading into the changing room to celebrate.

We hesitated before caving in and walking into the changing rooms. I walked up to Lio and congratulated him then left him and Antonela to..y'know do their thing.

I was stood on the edge of the crowd laughing at everyone dancing and singing out of joy until my eyes caught his. He was stood at the opposite of the room, I gave a cold thumbs up with no facial expression.

I couldn't really celebrate without acknowledging the goal scorer. I immediately looked away and headed back to the girls who were now planning to head out.

~*_ STAY WITH ME _*~
~lanaxpage~

how is everyone today?
any feedback is appreciated <3