Chapter 8- The attack

Start from the beginning

Fareed chuckled. He truly deserved it.

" Guys,this is now a crime scene. We've got to leave so we don't get the place contaminated." Mariya announced." We need every information on him."

Fareeda clutched tighter onto Fareed's arm,her eyes widened at Mariya due to the new revelation. She didn't want the police to get involved with the matter.
Her twin sensed her fear and gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

" Wait, has the police got anything to do with this?" Fareeda tried to talk Mariya out of it." I mean is it necessary that we get the police involved?" She was clearly disturbed and worried that the matter would escalate into another whole complicated case.
All she did was to defend her life and that of her child.

" Fareeda, you aren't going to get into any trouble as long as I'm involved." Mariya assured her sister. Besides,we can't carry the burden of a dead stranger if this man were to die this very moment in this house." She tried to reason with her sister while handling the toddler over to Fareed.

The three of them went downstairs where everyone else was,to get Fareeda's wound treated while Mariya stayed behind. If her instincts are on point then it could be that this man was sent by Hassan to make sure that his warnings were being taken seriously.

She took a few steps towards the man and crouched low to his level. She placed two fingers at the nape of his neck to check his pulse. He was still breathing but his pulse was slow__ faint, almost nonexistent.
She recognized him from last Eid's durbar at the palace and she had seen him a few times with Hassan too.
She searched his pockets, looking for anything that would prove to her that the man was working for Hassan. No one else should know so she has to get rid of the evidence before others get to know.
She retrieved an Infinix brand phone from his pocket and slid it into hers.

Hell will break loose if this man wakes up this very moment.

Zai karasa ta.

He'll finish her.

Already,she was the one he came for.

Zayn has to know about this.

She left the room,not forgetting to lock the door behind her before leaving for the hall,where everyone was seated.
The attack has brought some kind of chaos to the house in the middle of the night.

Mariya watched as Fareed led the few policemen who had arrived to the crime scene.
She was sitting right beside her father when her phone started to ring. She checked the caller's ID only see Zayn's name and phone number on her phone's screen.

He must have found out what happened. That was the only reason to call her at the moment.

" Are you okay? Is anyone in your house hurt?" Zayn blurted out as soon as the call got connected. He was so overwhelmed by the situation that he forgot to greet or exchange any form of pleasantries with her. He sounded worried. A part of him suspected Hassan to be behind all of this but it wasn't confirmed yet. Not until there's a solid evidence to prove that.

The main reason why Zayn called wasn't to ask of her well-being but he couldn't help it. The words just slipped off his tongue.

Mariya excused herself to continue the call with Zayn, privately.

" Everything is under control." Mariya answered when she found and lodged in a secluded area of the house." By the way,do you also think Hassan is behind all of this?"

" My intuition tells me same." Zayn countered with a nod. This whole attack was probably triggered by what happened earlier in the restaurant. Maybe Hassan wanted to ensure that his words were being taken serious.
" I apologize on behalf of my men. I had set a few men up to provide extra security to your household. I guess they let their guards down. I'll be sure to deal with them later."