✥ 46 | Satiated

Sanjh was left a little dazed. Her mind had seemed to have stopped functioning. She couldn't look away from his face, from those eyes, even when he lifted her up in both his arms and carried her to the sofabed. He gently made her sit, sitting beside her.

"Sanjh," he whispered softly, his fingertips gently caressing her cheeks, brushing her hair strands away from her cheek. His hand gently went to the back of her hair and  opened the clutch of her clip, letting her hair cascade down. His fingers gently ran through her soft mess of hair straightening them.

"Say something," he whispered, his breath fanning her cheek.

Sanjh didn't know what she could possibly say. His words had hit right into her heart and numbed her mind. Those words and that one word that she had clung on to. Wife. He called her wife. For all she knew, it might have just been a slip of tongue, something he had said without even knowing what he was saying. He used that term often when they used to be physically intimate. When he would kiss her or make love to her. It could be second nature. But still, she saw something deeper behind that word.

She leaned closer, closing her eyes, breathing the same air as him. Sometimes she forgot they hadn't been together for years in between. She forgot everything about their bitter reality. She just remembered that she was madly in love with the man before her, her husband. She slowly pressed her lips against his cheek. 

She heard his deep breath immediately after, it made her smile a bit. 

"Sanjh," he breathed, his both hands coming up to hold her face. He looked at her. 

Sanjh couldn't say it in words. She just couldn't. 

"Say something, please." He almost begged, his voice coming out as a breathy whisper, as he pressed his forehead against hers.

"I love you," she whispered back. That was all she could say. That was all she had to say.

He opened his eyes, pulling back from her face to look at her. Her gaze slowly raised up to meet his. He slowly wore a smile. "I love you too," he said in a low yet promising voice. She smiled, a partly shy and partly heartfelt one. He closed the distance between their lips kissing her slowly. 

Sanjh gently held onto his arms while kissing him back. The kiss started off slowly. It was like all the frustration from the day had been forgotten. They went at it slowly like they had the entire eternity to themselves. 

His hand tried to get rid of the pin holing up her saree to cover her modesty but like always he struggled. He broke the kiss looking at her. She took the cue and used both her hands to undo the pin at her shoulder. She was glad he didn't rip it. Almost half of her sarees had the edge torn off, a few had tiny holes in them.

"What makes you smile?" He asked noticing the amused grin on her face. 

"Nothing," she said in a soft low voice surprised that her face had reflected her amusement. 

"Tell me," he demanded, kissing the corner of her lips, teasingly.

Sanjh sighed parting her lips. She tried to kiss him but he dodged looking at her. 

"I am glad you didn't rip it apart, like you've done to most." She told him quickly, inching towards his lips.

He chuckled. "This place seems to be an interesting place to be in," he said kissing her temple, referring to her brain.

Sanjh blushed, hiding her face over his shoulder. Sidharth gently let the pallu of her saree fall from her shoulder. Sanjh squeezed her eyes shut. It was like reliving her first night again. The only difference being they knew they both absolutely loved each other.