✥ 10 | Letter

¤

Dear Husband,

Your are growing on my freaking nerves!

     I can't believe you called me a "controlling wife" today. I am upset, very upset. I just didn't want you to fight with Maa. I just said that. Yes what you do is a verbal spat. She loves you Sidharth and if she wants you to meet your maternal relatives once in a while, is she asking for too much?

     I absolutely don't like it when you call your maternal uncle's son a gold digger. Your mother is always hurt when you say that. I understand that your cousin may have borrowed some money in a time of crisis and never returned it. But it's not about him. It's about your mother. Don't you see how sad she gets when you bad mouth them?

     When she makes dinner also you compare her cooking with mine. I understand you've grown to like the food I make but Sidharth, she is your mother. How can you tell her to learn cooking from your wife? Even if you say that in light humor it hurts her.

     Your mother is very nice. She's never once said anything to me. It may be because she fears that I may complain to you. But whatever it is, you hurt her. You take your mother for granted Sidharth. And I absolutely cannot bear to see you behave this way towards her.

     Why do you not see the subtle things? 

     And, I am not controlling. I just, want what's best for you, what makes you a better person, what makes you happy.

     For the first time in our marriage you made me cry. Your words hurt so much. "Sorry, I am not perfect. So stop trying to push me to be perfect." What hurt more was the tone you said it in. It felt like I have no right to tell you the truth. That hurts.

     I don't want you to be perfect, Sidharth. I love you the way you are. I am not trying to change you to fit into my expectations. You're a nice person and I know that.

     Maybe you should just try being a little more careful with your words when you are angry. Because tonight you didn't just hurt mom with your words, you hurt me too.

     I have decided, that I am not going to be the one to apologize. You can ignore me as much as you want. I am also not going to bend. It was your mistake. So you should be the one apologizing, to Maa and to me.

     For the record, I didn't rearrange your cupboard, Maa did it. Stop blaming me for everything. I hate it. Oh and, Maa did a very good job. Otherwise your cupboard looks worse than a closet of an untidy tailor.

     And dear husband, you better make your apology solid. I am not settling with just a 'sorry'.

With (very little) Love,

Yours Only.

¤