✥ 34 | Vent

Sidharth watched Sanjh as she applied jam on a bread for Raunak. He glanced at his mother who brought two boiled eggs for him. He hated boiled eggs. He eyed them with distaste.

"Eat it." She said sternly putting them onto his plate.  

Sanjh glanced up at them. Sidharth looked up to meet her gaze. She subtly hinted him to talk to her. He sighed.

"Maa,"

"Eat." That's all his mother said and went back into the kitchen. 

Sidharth turned to Sanjh shrugging, as though telling her— I tired but she didn't listen. She shook her head in disappointment and turned to her son. "Come on, Ron. Eat this quickly, I will go pack your tiffin."

Raunak's entire attention was on the boiled egg that he was trying to peel. 

"That's already peeled, Ron." Sidharth said, wondering why boiled eggs fascinated his son.

Raunak looked up thoughtfully. "I will peel again." Saying that he continued to try to peel it.

Sanjh took away the egg from his hand. "Eat your toast now."

"Mom, I want to peel." He said standing on the chair to reach the egg.

Sanjh held it out of his reach. "Sit down, Ron. Sit down and eat." Sanjh tried her best to sound authoritative.

"No!" Raunak shouted. "I want that."

"Ron!" Sanjh's tone was sharp and loud, issuing a warning. Sidharth watched on rather fascinated. It was the first time he was seeing Sanjh be so stern with their son. Thanks to the fact that, he had been missing from most of their life. 

"Mom, I want." Raunak shouted this time not obeying his mother.

"Ron, you will fall. Sit down now and finish your breakfast." Sanjh shot back.

"No. I want to peel." He shouted adamantly.

"Ron," she warned.

"Champ, sit down. Which jam is it on your bread?" Sidharth intervened.

Raunak was instantly distracted. He picked up the bed and looked at it closely. Sanjh took the cue and walked away with the egg.

"Mom," he shouted noticing she was gone.

"Which jam Ron?" Sidharth asked to distract him.

"I don't know!" He answered, with a toothy smile.

Sidharth smiled. "Which color is it?"

"Yellow,"

"Which fruit is yellow ?"

"Banana." 

"And?" Soon Sidharth shifted into the chair beside him and engaged him in a conversation while feeding him occasionally. Raunak had started picking up eating on his own but was a very clumsy eater. Lalit Mehra joined the table. He looked at Sidharth but said nothing to him. Raunak was quick to greet him and the old man smiled at his grandson.

Sidharth quietly ate his breakfast while his father started talking to his son. His father had never spoken to him so sweetly like he spoke to Raunak. Sidharth had always been a disappointment for his father. Well, he was glad at least Ron got his love.

"Ready to go?" Senior Mehra asked Raunak a while later as the little boy wore his shoes. Sidharth watched on as Sanjh tied his shoelaces. That was something Ron was yet to learn. Raunak always preferred help in wearing shoes. 

"Be a good boy Ron. No shouting in class and wash your hands before eating from your tiffin. Okay?" Sanjh spoke.

"Okay."

Dear Husband, yours only [on hold]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara