✥ 8 | Letter

¤

Dear Husband,

Happy One Month Anniversary!

     I know it's stupid. That's why I am doing it here instead of verbally wishing you. I think a long drive and ice cream was a good way to celebrate the occasion without explicitly mentioning it or naming it. We broke our own record. We spoke so much today. Okay, you did most of the talking. But hey, I was a participant, and that's progress.

     It feels so nice to know the little bits of you. We are complete opposites. You spent most time at basketball and canteen in your college days and it was library for me. I told you I read mystery and romance. Well, the mystery part was a lie. I couldn't have you teasing me by telling you I only read romance. But you did that anyway.

     I think today's conversation was the most heartfelt one we have ever shared. Now that I reflect on our conversation, I think you could be right, about the best way to sustain a marriage by being friends before anything else. We should be each other's best friends.

     But for some reason I can't imagine you a friend. You're my husband. And that's definitely a rank way above a friend. I feel, with a friend you still have boundaries. There are things you can't tell a friend. But marriage brings two individuals even more closer, doesn't it?

     With your spouse you can share even those things that you can't possibly share with a friend. And above all, a spouse might understand all that, that remains unspoken. Friends are a part of your life, a part that can be away from the rest of the part. But a spouse, is an integral part of your life. A distance between friends doesn't change friendship but distance between two life partners changes everything, doesn't it?

     Well, I guess this is a topic to deeply ponder about, when I have nothing better to do.

     Nonetheless, when you spoke about friendship. A little part of me wished I had a friend like you or you as a friend. I am still curious why you avoided talking about your best friend. But I am sure you'll share that with me eventually.

     With every passing day, we are slowly growing closer to each other. And the more I know you, the more I fall in your love. You're a beautiful person, Sidharth. And your smiles, God they are so damn contagious. Every time you smile, I find myself reflecting it.

     P.S. : Your habit of tapping your feet constantly while sitting, it's beginning to get a little annoying. Will you be pissed if I tell you to stop it? Or is too early in marriage to make complaints such as these?

With Love,

Yours Only.

¤