[side] Sage & Finn (2)

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT DAY

Friday, June 2nd

Having to work with Sage Fraser is probably my least favorite thing about being forced to be a part of the Vipers. Almost always, we end up being appointed to the same job. I swear Dawson does it on purpose, knowing that I can't stand this redhead.

"Do you always have to be so close?" I move my chair farther away from him at my desk.

He moves his as well. "I like being next to you."

"Well, I don't like you next to me," I push him with my free hand, but he doesn't budge. "Move."

Sage props an elbow on the desk, and then rests his chin in his hand. "I'm fine where I am."

I take my hands off my keyboard. "You know just because we were both assigned to this, doesn't mean we have to actually work on it together."

"I prefer it like this," he says, flashing that annoying smile.

I roll my eyes, fixating my gaze back onto my screen. "God, I hate you."

I see him grin in my peripheral. "You know you love me."

He finally focuses back on his half of the work, and I feel at peace. I don't know what possessed him to be so annoying, and only towards me.

I glance at Sage as he examines documents. This is the only time he's even the least bit tolerable; when his mouth is closed.

His eyebrows furrow when he sees something he doesn't like on the paper, and he sets them down to mark something before raising them up slightly to read again. His large hand runs through his auburn curls, smoothing them back into place.

"See something you like?" he asks, knowing that I was staring without even looking.

"I-" My head snaps back to look at my screen, avoiding his face. "I wasn't looking at you, I was looking at what you were doing."

He sets the papers down. "Right."

I bring my lower lip back into my mouth, heart pounding from the embarrassment of being caught staring. I can still feel his eyes on me.

I roll my shoulders, brushing off the shivers I feel. "What is it?"

"I'm looking at something I like." Sage inclines his head.

I turn, and my lips part before snapping closed. "Stop joking around like that."

His hand falls loosely onto his lap. "You know, not everything I say is a joke."

I ogle back and forth between his light brown eyes, trying to ignore the feeling of excitement from my heart. Then my gaze falls down to his lips.

Fuck it.