30 - a real celebration

Saturday, March 18th

"Talk about crashing a party!" Grayson shouts with laughter as we flee the scene. He's running with me, hand in hand, across the street to my car.

Several of Loman's men chase after us, and Grayson pulls apart from me to get into the passenger's side and I slide over the hood to get to the driver's side. Just as I get in, the guards from the party start to open fire.

"Oh shit!" Grayson ducks to avoid any shots that may come through the window, and I instinctively do the same.

"Don't worry, they're bullet proof." I start the car. "Supposedly."

When I look past Grayson and out the window, I see the rest of the guards splitting up and getting into cars. I shift gears, pulling out of the spot quickly.

"Let's play a game," Sage says over the radio.

"Now's not really the time for that!" Grayson frantically responds.

"This one is fun," there's a pause. "Let's see who can get home the fastest without getting their arse handed to them."

"Oh, you're on." Axel agrees enthusiastically.

"You might want to hurry up, Finn and I are already way ahead of you."

Just then, the sound of a car speeding up on the road comes from Grayson's side. I peer at the mirror, and I see Sage's car rapidly approaching. However, he swerves slightly, hitting one of Loman's guards. It sends the man flying, and I know that was most certainly an instant death. With his window down, I can see the crazed smile on his face, and the sight of Finn holding on for dear life.

"This might be the last time you all hear from me. I just wanted to say that-" Finn starts, but Sage cuts him off.

"-That you're all going to lose."

"Crazy bastard." My mouth is hanging open.

Grayson slaps my shoulder. "Come on, we gotta catch up!"

I step on the gas, picking up speed. I look into the rear-view mirror, and already I can see that the cars are attempting to catch us. Grayson glances up at the mirror as well, then he turns to me.

"Anything useful in here?" He shrugs his blazer off.

I give a curt nod to the back. "In the backseat, Darling."

He reaches behind him, grabbing a LMT MARS-H from the seat. He brings it forward to inspect it.

"Is it to your liking?" I question, raising a brow.

"It'll do." He clicks the safety off. "Window down."

I do as he asks, and he climbs out the window, sitting on the door. I can't see him or what he's doing, but I hear several shots being fired. There's a huge bang, and I look into the rear-view mirror. Two of the cars behind us crashed into each other. He must've shot their tires to make them swerve.