[side] Hazel & Harlow (2)

TWO YEARS AGO

TWO YEARS AGO

Tuesday, January 26th

For the most part, the night was going exactly as planned. None of what I was doing gave me any trouble.

That was until they showed up.

The hallway I was walking in gave off barely any light, but the large windows of the mansion were more than enough for me to see. Every inch of the place was packed with guards as their boss slept in his posh master bedroom.

When I got to the kitchen, I had raided the fridge; as anyone else would. Turned out that rich people ate the same way as everyone else.

However, the moment I made it past the living room, I was pulled inside. Two swift hands had flipped me to the ground before I even had the chance to do a thing.

It was a woman with pale skin and brown hair. But, upon looking at her, a pair of eyes familiarized me with who had just pinned me to the floor.

The angel I had met two years ago.

Even though that was the only time we ever encountered each other, I still remembered her name after all those years. I remember most names of the people I meet, especially the pretty ones.

Her eyebrows furrowed when her focus fell on me. It was evident that she had recognized me too.

"Hey, Angel." My words made her breath hitch, and I saw as she shivered slightly.

Without a chance for her to respond, a man came around the corner with a gun pointed at my head.

"Hazel," he said her name, and nodded for her to get off me.

She listened and slowly released me from her grasp before standing up. I tried to at least sit up, but the man moved closer, warning me to stay still.

Both were unbelievably attractive. The man had dirty blond hair, and the most perfectly chiseled face. He had siren-like eyes; ones that made you melt. The woman resembled him in some ways, but her eyes were brown, and they softened as she looked at me.

I wanted them both. It wasn't every day that two beautiful humans presented themselves in front of me.

"What business do you have here?" the man asked.

I sat with my legs crossed. "Probably the same thing as you."

As if it was my lucky day, another man came into the room. And he was just as gorgeous as the other two.

He looked at me, then at his companions. "What's going on?"

I exhaled, wondering how I could persuade them to at least drop the hostility. I meant them no harm. "I can tell you're not with the bastard I'm trying to kill." I tipped my head to the side. "So, why don't I propose something?"