epilogue

Thursday, April 6th

Thursday, April 6th

Our driver takes us down the bustling streets, and I sit in the back of the car with Dawson.

"I can't believe there's still this much snow here," Dawson stares out the car window. "In April."

"Sometimes it even lasts until May," I say with a laugh.

"Weird."

I take his hand in mine. "You still haven't told me why we flew all the way up here, you know."

He turns his head towards me. "Just a little vacation."

"I see." I look out the window. "But... why here?"

Dawson has taken me to Gatineau, the place where I was born and raised until that incident. I haven't been back here since then.

"Hazel told me it was your hometown." Of course, she did.

I face him again. "I have a favor to ask."

"Anything, Darling." He brings my hand up to his lips.

"Can we stop somewhere quickly? There's something I want to see."

The driver opens up my door, and I step out

The driver opens up my door, and I step out. Plenty of things in this neighborhood have changed since we left this place. But the only thing I see no change in is the house where it all went down.

Dawson walks around the car and stands next to me. "Is this it?"

"Yeah." I exhale.

"Need me to go with you?" He leans down slightly, reading my expression.

"No," I shake my head. "I'll be quick."

He nods and places his hand on the back of my head, pulling me closer before planting a kiss on my forehead. I smile, appreciating that he is even here with me.

With a clenched fist and heavy heart, I cross the street towards my childhood house.

I assume that no one has lived here since we left. Probably due to the fact that people were killed here. Most stray away from places like that, not wanting that eerie feeling in the house where they reside. Almost like there's a ghost. No one has even bothered to renovate it. From how many times it failed to sell on the market, it's been left abandoned.