21 - with death, lies love

Thursday, December 1st

It's been several weeks since the encounter with Loman, and to my surprise, he's remained pretty stagnant. We've continued with our plans here while still paying close attention to any shakes within the business. Particularly ones caused by Loman and his mafia.

I've been planning a few projects for months now, but they've had to be put on hold due to a few minor hiccups that turned my attention away. One of them being a little French blond and his friends that decided to steal from my shipment.

That was the first time a plan didn't go my way. Now, I'm making sure to get right back on track while I still can.

I press the back of my hand under my chin. "Now about the warehouse-"

A soft knock comes from outside my office. I don't know who it could possibly be when I made it very clear for there to be no interruptions while I'm working. The only exception is Moe when she comes in to relay something to me.

I roll my eyes, taking my glasses off and tossing them onto the desk. "Fucking hell."

The employee standing in front of me jumps at the clacking from my frames when they hit the desk. I only called him to my house because I was far too busy to visit the office.

"Who is it?" I snap, ready to shoo away my unwanted visitor.

"It's just me."

I hear that soothing voice from behind the door, and I can immediately feel my expression soften. Perhaps Moe isn't the only exception.

"Come in." I cut the harshness out of my voice just for him.

The door handle pushes down, and Grayson steps through the crack of the door. He pauses in his tracks as soon as he sees the other man.

"Oh, you look busy," he says, taking steps back like he's ready to leave. "I can come back later-"

"No, stay." I turn to the employee. "Antony, leave us."

Antony frantically fumbles with the things in his hand. "But sir, it's crucial that we finish the planning now for construction-"

I keep a firm gaze. "Did you not hear what I said? Leave."

His jaw drops slightly before he mumbles a rushed, "Yes sir."

Antony bows and scurries out of the room past Grayson, who awkwardly moves out of the way for him to pass by. Grayson is oblivious as the other man ogles him as he brushes past. He simpers at Grayson, and I make sure to take note about finding a new employee.

"I could've waited, you know," Grayson says, taking a seat in one of the chairs once he closes the door behind him.

"I was getting tired of work anyways." I speak the truth, although, it's not quite what I was really thinking. What I was just doing is not nearly as important as listening to anything Grayson has to say.