Macaque slowly began tapping his tail on the ground due to his losing patience. All he figured out from this kid was that Wukong was barely keeping tabs on his successor and the kid was being an idiot again, managing to survive on pure luck alone.

MK's tail started to fidget back and forth, most likely a anxiety habit he developed unconsciously, "While finding a sewer tunnel, I.." he trailed off in his own sentence, now realizing how dumb he was to not realize the oddity of the small girl in a place like that, "I-I met a girl..."

Macaque perked up at this, "A girl? In Spider Queen's lair?" His tapping freezing in the air suspended.

MK nodded with an almost terrified expression, "I thought she was in need of rescuing so I tried helping her... Oh how stupid I was to believe that.." He hung his head with an almost wide horrified expression, "S-She tricked me... That demon... She's possessing an innocent little girl as a disguise..!" MK snapped his head up at Macaque at a terrible realization, "A-And I think Jinhua had a bond with the little girl—!"

Macaque felt his fur bristle at the mere statement, his fingers curled into a fist as he slammed it into the ground in frustration.

MK jumped back a bit with a startled squeak. His eyes wide as they stared at the small crater under his knuckles.

Macaque stared the simian in the eye and breathed out lowly, "What did that parasite do to my beloved...?"

MK shook his head as he tried to form his thoughts, "I-I... The demon was in my head... She.. She put these voices a-and she kept disappearing and reappearing out of my vision like a glitch on a screen." MK's mind spiraled as he tried to think back what Jinhua was doing with the Lady Bone Demon, "That demon... She whispered something to Jinhua that somehow pissed her off and then the next thing I know..." He trailed off not wanting to say. Not really believing his own eyes anymore.

Macaque gritted his teeth, "Speak, MK—!" He seethed out, far from controlling his patience.

MK stared down at the ground, his hands clamming down on the staff in a nervous erratic motion, "Jinhua.. S-She.. She fell to her knees. The screams... I-I can't—!" He whimpered out tearfully, finishing almost shamefully, "I t-tried to reach her... I really really did.. But the demon...!"

Macaque had gone silent. The empty noise in the air made MK shook with nerves, fearful for his life at this exact moment.

A hand was then placed on the boy's head.

Feeling a small surprised gasp leave him, MK glanced up hurriedly to see Macaque smile sadly down at him. His eyes no longer fueled with anger, but just a solemn understanding, "It's okay, kid. You tried your best." The shadows that held him down descended into the ground after sending the boy a small chirp in farewell.

With that comment, MK couldn't help but feel hurt instead of feeling reassured. He did try his best, but it didn't help anyone when he needed to most.

And now his first friend and mother figure lay in bed due to him not being able to be strong enough to defend her.

What was he training for, if he couldn't help a person in need, sitting right in front of him—?

MK felt his lips form a thin line as he thought over his choices. His eyes then landed on the dark furred simian warrior. He watched as the warrior waved his hand and his purple staff disappeared into thin air.