64

''Fuck, I'm nervous.'' Breana huffs out a slow breath of air with pursed lips as we all sit around her, watching whilst Katie works around Breana to apply her makeup.

Here in this room there is myself, Breana, Katie, Kelly, Breana's mum and Breana's older sister. I've been chosen as the designated photographer whilst she gets ready, Katie is the makeup artist, Kelly is on hair duty and Breana's Mum and sister are both there for emotional support. However, Kelly is taking a break from finishing my hair off so that she can change Bowie whilst Katie finishes Breana's makeup.

This is the first time I'm actually seeing Breana's Mum, Julie, since her and Matt's engagement and I haven't seen Breana's sister, Nicole, since 2001. It's refreshing to see them so many years later.

''Don't stress it.'' Julie shakes her head dismissively as she fixes the pin that has been attached to her bridesmaids dress to fit her better. ''Healthy mind, healthy baby.'' Julie reminds Breana, dragging a sigh from Breana's mouth.

''He's ready.'' Kelly announces when she's walking into the room from the bathroom, with Bowie, fully dressed in a black suit, sat obliviously in her arms.

''Oh my fucking god, he looks like Jamie.'' Katie's the first one to take notice of Bowie's entrance and for some reason, it's as though it's only just clicked to Katie that her son does in fact look like Jamie.

We've been telling her this for months but she hasn't been able to see it, I'm guessing she's seen it now and I don't think she's happy about it.

''Isn't he the cutest?'' Julie is cooing with pursed lips, just like a nan would, as she walks towards Kelly with open arms.

''He isn't the cutest to dress, I'll tell you that.'' Kelly huffs as he passes Bowie over to Julie, who is now squeezing his cheeks and placing kisses on his forehead, leaving a residue of her red lipstick on his head. ''Is he always that difficult to get dressed?''

''Yep.'' Katie nods as she dabs a brush against Breana's cheeks.

''When he stayed at ours, Alex had to hold his hands down whilst I tried to button the baby grow up, he kept trying to roll off the couch.'' I smirk at the memory as Kelly returns back to where I'm sat in front of Breana. I sat Breana on a chair just next to the window so that I could get the right lighting for photos, though where I'm sat isn't the best position.

''You've gotta' get used to it, Kell. You'll be dealing with that in a few months.'' Katie brings the makeup brush back from Breana's face and Breana finally opens her eyes.

''I'm bloody nervous.'' Kelly shakes her head ad I feel her hands trail through my half-done hair. Breana wanted my hair to be styled into a half up half down do, with the top bit back-combed to a similar style as Priscilla. I fucking adore Breana for having Kelly do my hair like this, this might just be my favourite hairstyle. The rest of my hair is styled in a way where the layers bounce upwards, sort of like a blowout style.

''It's nothing to be nervous about, it's a lovely thing.'' Julie tells Kelly as Julie stands in the corner of the room, just next to Breana's bed, whilst swaying Bowie in her arms.

''Not when they're shitting everywhere.'' Nicole sighs from where she's sat on the leather armchair of the room, with her feet perched up on the small, circular coffee table whilst she files her nails nonchalantly. Nicole has four kids so I fully believe her words.

''Shush, you.'' Julie tuts with a sigh and I laugh at the smile that lifts Nicole's lips.

''What time is it?'' Breana asks once Katie has finished applying her lipstick and in this exact moment, the sight of her looking to the side whilst Katie prepares to apply some lip gloss to Breana has me lifting my camera from my knee and catching a quick shot.