27

''So you don't know who sent this text?'' Nick asks with my phone held tight in his hand as the whole group sits around this sticky, oak table of the pub. 

''No clue.'' I shake my head defeatedly. 

It's the day after the award shows, which means it's also the day after figuring out that Alex isn't the one who sent the text. We're all sat in an unknown, small pub, trying to piece together who could've sent the text. 

We could choose to give it up and leave it at the point of saying that it's just a random person playing games, but I have some weird feeling that this is something that was intentional; something that's been planned. 

Although there is the obvious and likely chance that this person is just someone who is joking around, I'm still determined to come to some sort of conclusion as to who sent this text. 

Last night, Alex and I went back to my hotel to try and figure out for ourselves, but we had no luck. We barely got anywhere with the mystery before we wound up in bed together, too enthralled with one another to worry about anything. Thankfully, Breana ended up calling me at about one in the morning to ask me whether I'd be okay if she went back to the boys' hotel with Matt, to which I reassured her that I'd be completely okay. And for the first time, I didn't lie about Alex. I told her that I would be fine because I wasn't alone, Alex being the one who was with me. She tried to act casual about that information, but I could hear in her voice that she was excited about what I'd said. 

After waking up this morning, we talked about whether it would be a good idea or not to tell Matt, Nick, Jamie, Katie and Kelly about the text. During the conversation, we mentioned how we'd be essentially telling on ourselves in the way that the text is about Alex supposedly wanting to 'spend time apart'. After much debate, we decided that if we were wanting to find out who the sender of the message was, it would be useful to tell everyone to see if they know anything about it. Even though Alex and I aren't exactly a thing, it's clear that there's something going on between us on and outsiders point of view, and it's getting harder to hide as time goes on. 

''No clue at all?'' Jamie chips in, his fingers tapping against the glass of water that stands upon the table. 

''Nope.'' I shake my head with a sigh, reaching my hand out to grab my phone when Nick hands me it back. 

The group sits in silent concentration, each of them trying to think about where Alex's phone could be. If we'd have known where Alex's phone was, it would've given us a head start on sorting out this mystery. 

Once everyone hopelessly taps out of concentration, it becomes clear that we're stuck. So instead of wasting time, I make the most of the time we have left of the day with the clock almost striking five in the evening. 

''We'll worry about it later, how has LA been so far?'' I change the subject, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I still haven't taken my hair out from yesterday. It's way too pretty, and I don't even know how expensive, to take it out already. 

Everyone straightens up at the new conversation, the spirits lifted slightly.

Katie and Kelly talk about how each of them got their nails done as soon as they arrived, and the boys talk about how on the second day, they got so drunk that Jamie ended up stranded on a beach with a fancy dress Hawaiian skirt strapped around his waist and Nick was found, by Kelly, trying to talk to a random cat outside the hotel at six o'clock in the morning whilst Matt and Alex were stuck in the hotel room, vomiting their guts out. 

''I'm still fuming at you for that.'' Katie says annoyedly, shaking her head with disappointment as she sips away at her glass of water. 

''It's funny!'' Jamie laughs at the recent memory whilst the rest of the boys giggle along.