30

''So, Miss Helders. In conclusion of the interview, is there anything you'd like the ask me about the job?'' Sat at the brown, wooden desk in front of me rests a lady dressed in a very formal suit with a slicked back bun atop her head, her tattooed hands resting above the desk as they cross over one another. 

''No thankyou.'' I decline politely. From her view, I look like I'm completely down to earth, no worries at all. In reality, under the table my legs are bopping up and down as my sweaty hands tremble whilst I rub them against the brown, baggy trousers hanging from my legs. 

In all honesty, it's great having a boyfriend. This morning, all I had to do was sneak into his wardrobe to steal some suit pants and throw them together with a white vest to create some sort of outfit. I'd expected him to be somewhat mad that I'd stolen his clothes, but all I got was wide smile when he'd realized that I was wearing something of his even though he's never worn them.

''I'll be in contact soon, you're free to leave.'' The lady whose name I've learnt to be 'M. Levine', judging by the golden plate displaying her last name upon the wooden desk, gives me a short and totally fake smile, directing her hand to the door as a direction to leave. 

''Thankyou.'' I say for like the seventh time today whilst I stand up, praying to the gods that my overly sweaty hands haven't made any marks on the pants I'm wearing. Thankfully, they haven't which is a relief in itself. 

I don't take my time getting out of the hot room, a gush of fresh air entering my lungs when I'm exiting the interview office into the breezy waiting room. Now call it nerves, but that office was unbearably stuffy, I could barely focus without feeling the need to throw up at the warm air that was filling my mouth. 

I scan the extremely full waiting room to find Alex, who sits with his back slouched against the small, plastic seat whilst he scrolls through his phone. 

At the sound of the heavy door closing behind me, Alex's head perks up and his eyes are instantly meeting mine. He wastes no time coming to a stand, sliding his phone into the pocket of his dark jeans before meeting me in the middle of the waiting room.

''How did it go?'' He asks me, automatically taking my hand into his as soon as we begin walking to the exit of the tall building. 

''It didn't go too bad.. I kind of got a weird feeling in there.'' I explain, sending a thankful nod to Alex when he's holding the door open for me. 

''What do you mean?'' 

I think of how to word my answer without seeming too full of myself. ''I wouldn't say flirty but she did say and do a few things that definitely weren't work appropriate.. '' I refer to the moments where Miss Levine would ask about my personal life and whether I was single or not. 

''Are you sure it's the right place for you if she's making you uncomfortable like that?'' Alex frowns as we walk through the busy streets of Liverpool. Although this work place is based right in the centre of the city where it's busy, it's ideal considering it's only a 10 minute walk away from my apartment. 

The down side is the fact that the only way I'll be able to see Alex in the week will be if he comes down to Liverpool, which is a lot to ask considering he's talked about planning to going back to either his house in London or his house in LA within the next few weeks. 

''It should be fine, she's my manager so I'm sure I won't be seeing her much anyway if I do end up getting the job, I'll probably only see her if I'm called into the office .'' I turn down the chance of this place not being the right one considering it's taken me months to find a suitable job that I actually feel like I somewhat want to do.

''Are you sure, Bri? This is a big deal you know?'' He double checks and I smile at how caring he is about a job that won't even be his. 

''I'm sure.'' I give him a reassuring smile with a nod but that smile fades when I see Alex's face drop slightly when he looks across the busy road.