29

''He just asked you? Just like that?'' Breana squeaks down my ear as I speedily walk through Sheffield's city centre, trying my best to dodge people who are hands full with shopping bags as I repeatedly check the time on my phone, groaning when I realize Breana and I are already running ten minutes late to the studio. 

+''Yeah.'' Sliding my phone back into the pocket of my black coat, I nod distractedly whilst taking notice of our current surroundings, sighing in solace when I recognize that we're only about four more minutes away from where we were expected to be around 10 minutes ago. 

''And that's why you two were so late on Christmas?'' She interrogates me, sticking to her streak of asking me a million questions per minute following my confession that Alex and I took our friendship one step further on Christmas night and are now going about things as a couple. 

On the drive to Miles' house, Alex and I agreed that we weren't going to plaster it everywhere that we were official. Obviously, we wouldn't deny it to those who asked but we don't find it necessary to physically announce it everywhere. As far as we know, Breana, my Mum and Miles are the only ones who know. 

''I guess.'' I shrug with a small smile. I must admit, I do find it hilarious whenever I update Breana on the status of where Alex and I stand. I think she's fully invested in our every move, and although others would consider it perhaps unusual, I'm glad to have a bestfriend who will happily sit and let me ramble on about how big the childish, teen-like crush I have on Alex is. 

''You twat! You've waited two whole weeks to tell me this?'' She shoves at my shoulder out of annoyance, a lecturing whine leaving her red-painted lips as her shoulder accidentally clips someone's who is walking past, a quick apology leaving her lips before she turns back to me. 

''I know, I know. It just slipped my mind.'' I lie, it definitely did not slip my mind. It's been the only bloody thing on my mind for the past two weeks. 

''Liar.'' Breana calls me out for my obvious fib and I silently urge her to walk quicker by pulling her in front of me by my hand. She has a habit of slowing down whenever a conversation becomes too intriguing for her to handle. 

When I very torturously listen through Breana's ranting of me being a bad friend because of my delay in telling her about Alex and I, we thankfully arrive at the studio and within seconds, I'm pushing open the glass doors beneath the yellow arch structure above our heads, the structure giving the studio it's name; Yellow Arch Studios. 

''Fucking freezing out there.'' Breana shivers, rubbing her clothed arms in attempt to warm her reddened skin once she follows behind me, kicking the door shut behind her with the black, leather boot on her foot. 

''Didn't know you two were coming.'' We hear a voice coming from the other side of the room, and it's only then when I get to take in the building whilst I'm trying to direct where the noise came from. 

Sitting in the corner of the wooden walled room, Colin rests upon a red, crushed velvet sofa with his legs crossed upon one another and a newspaper held tightly between his fingers. Behind him, a red, expensive looking canvas hangs from the wall. Unlike the walls, the yellow ceiling is strongly held up by brown, oak panels. The interior of this waiting room reminds me of some sort of cabin. 

''I didn't know you were coming.'' Breana replies smugly, sliding off her coat and hooking it over one of her arms as each of us step down from the steps at the entrance, our heavy shoes knocking repeatedly against the unusually hard, carpeted brown floor. 

As per usual, Colin gives us that 'I don't care about you but I have to for the sake of the boys' look before nodding his head to the side whilst returning his gaze to the paper in front of him.